Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is cheating widespread in COD2?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Just came across my first positive cheater today. It was on the So:Ot (I think) TDM server in COD2.
    Guy went by the name of ???? and clearly had a wallhack. Didn't get a demo, but I spectated him, and the KillCam was on.

Blatantly obvious he had a hack. I'm never one to accuse someone of cheating unless there's very clear proof, but this was the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Amorphous Head

there is a good lot of cheating
    i was on a server and when you die(sometimes depends on the server) you can see the "kell cam" and the guy who killed me completly missed me but i died anyway

you can always tell the cheaters when the score table is like this

Name score deaths
    player x 25 0 (cheater)
    player y 9 14 (fair player)
    player z 12 7 (fair player)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ShamBoballa

there is a good lot of cheating
    i was on a server and when you die(sometimes depends on the server) you can see the "kell cam" and the guy who killed me completly missed me but i died anyway

you can always tell the cheaters when the score table is like this

Name score deaths
    player x 25 0 (cheater)
    player y 9 14 (fair player)
    player z 12 7 (fair player)
    i think thats more lag than cheating. I've played levels with 30 pts plus without getting killed. There are a lot of crap players in CoD 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Yup I've often gone 10 or 20 kills without a death. The hitbox's are also massive, and lag does play a part. I'm also sure theres no such thing as a hack that kills you even though the person has missed the shot. Most work using aim-bots that auto target your head or something similar.

I still haven't come accross anyone that I was 100% positive that they were hacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Fionn_McCool

jonnybadd wrote:
    I still haven't come accross anyone that I was 100% positive that they were hacking.

Well here ya go, now if your not 100% sure he's hacking, then ther's somthing wrong :p:p:p

http://www.theforgotten-soldiers.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=26

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Lol, I seen that vid before, its fantastic. What I ment to say was that I personally haven't seen anyone hacking in the same game as I was.

Great Vid though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

LOL! This video is hilarious Fionn_McCool! :D

We've come across a few cheaters using wallhacks in PCWs (although we can't prove it of course...) but never/rarely cheaters using aimbots...

I'm getting kicked from servers every day now... They all think I cheat. Getting annoying... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Mr_Overlord

I get kicked from most COD servers that I play in. Because i "Cheat"...

Its getting really annoying tbh.

I can only play on servers where the admins know me and know that I am a ligit player and not a cheater...

The sooner infinity ward get the finger out the better imo. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Fionn_McCool

^^^^^ total and utter cheater :p:p:p:p

only messin Jay, yep.

By the sounds of it, pb is ready for the patch and IW are currently in the final testing period for the new patch, should be out soon, if not in the next few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Mr_Overlord

Yeah yeah fionn :D

Thats good news about PB...

What a load of s**t that they had to go through to get it why couldnt they have struck a deal earlier!!

Damn IW :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭[STA-7]SSgt.Ste

Maybe they are cheating but to be honest if punkbuster does come out for CoD2
    someones just gonna hack it on a server and then use cheats and then type in a code line and hook someone else for that charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    as cartman would say "That SOOOOOOOOOOO pisses me off"
    :mad: besides who cares sometimes you know just lets you know that your better than those scumbags who are always cheating. they ain't got no talent.
    just slobs and wanna bes.
    CAN I GET A "HOORAH"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cleanjoe

Well, I am in the LRRP clan, [LRRP]Gen. Cleanjoe

I have been playing games like this for about 5 years now. MOHAA, Spearhead,Breakthrough, BF1942 ,BFV,BF2,COD,CODUO,COD2. I have seen all kinds of wild moves and shots on all these games.. Now saying that, I was playing COD2 the other day and the kill cam was on ( I have noticed that most servers turn it off and more cheating is happening) anyway, The cam was on, I got shot and was looking at how the fellow shot me and He was waiting a good 3 to 4 sec aiming down his gun until I peaked around the corner of the building, well not only that, Most of these guys are either lucky nade throwers or they know right where you are at. I try throwing nades and I tell you out of 15 throws I might have killed 2 maybe 3 people. LMAO
    and most of the guys on this server I was playing on, every time a nade was thrown buy this one guy I was killed by him 20 times by nades. Saying all that, I know that I am not going to go to there level of playing!!! They think they are the best thing out there doing what there doing (hacking) but in reality they all lack class. Like I said, I know how I play and feel good about myself. Can the hackers NO!!!! they have nothing and will never have nothing, they can't say they played a good game at all. LOL,

I'm done...

Cleanjoe

Advertisement