Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Don't know why I'm feeling this way .....

• 06-12-2005 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

OK i'll try to keep this short, Basically I was out on sat night & ended up having a conversation with an Ex-b/f. (We were together for 5 years all the way through school & some of collage) Anyway, I knew that he had been meeting this girl, a bit younger than him, but he seemed happy, I'm in a long term relationship(engaged infact) ... he then told me that he was going to be a dad, & for some reason I just can't get me head around it.

I mean i REALLY don't have feelings for him in that way at all anymore, we ended on really bad terms & i've spoken to him maybe a handfull of times in the past 6 or 7 years.....

I just don't know why I'm even thinking about it .....

Just needed to get it off my chest,

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Dunno, it's a funny one. :confused: Could perhaps be a subconscious egocentric thing, the fact that he's "beaten" you to being a parent, or the fact that it's evident he's moved on. Although you don't have feelings for him, I think we always hold something for someone you spent so many years with, maybe it's the case that it's finality once and for all :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Dunno, it's a funny one. :confused: Could perhaps be a subconscious egocentric thing, the fact that he's "beaten" you to being a parent, or the fact that it's evident he's moved on. Although you don't have feelings for him, I think we always hold something for someone you spent so many years with, maybe it's the case that it's finality once and for all :confused:

Yeah i guess that's it, i mean I know i wouldn't have ever gotten back with himm, but I guess it's the KNOWING that it would never happen now, I don't know ... it's really stupid, I don't know why i'm bothered about it, but it just keeps creeping into my head 'That's all I ever wanted' is still ringing in my ears....

What's that old adage? The one about one not wanting someone but not wanting anyone else to have them either? (or something....lol) It's a funny one alright. You just have to remember why you broke up in the first place and be pragamatic about it. If you could turn back time, would you like to still be with him now and carrying his baby? If not, then I wouldn't worry. It's natural to feel a bit green-eyed but you've obviously met someone special enough to say yes to a marriage proposal to, so onwards and upwards girlie! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Miss Fluff wrote:
    What's that old adage? The one about one not wanting someone but not wanting anyone else to have them either? (or something....lol) It's a funny one alright. You just have to remember why you broke up in the first place and be pragamatic about it. If you could turn back time, would you like to still be with him now and carrying his baby? If not, then I wouldn't worry. It's natural to feel a bit green-eyed but you've obviously met someone special enough to say yes to a marriage proposal to, so onwards and upwards girlie! ;)

VERY TRUE! There is no way i'd want to be with him now ... guess I must be just going mad!:p

You're not mad girl, just honest about how you feel. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Perfectly normal response. I was the same when I found out my ex was engaged to the girl he was cheating on me with.

You're obviously in a happy relationship and are over him, its just a shock. I think it'd be weird if you didnt think about it especially after 5 years together.

It'll be cool :p

Advertisement