Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cup Holders

Options
  • 06-12-2005 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've got a cup holder problem. The two in the car are very shallow, so don't hold bottles or cans or cups that well. The tip over going around bends.

Do you know of any company who makes good cup holders that don't look awkward. A tasteful cup holder that will fit in with the car.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I have the same problem an i Managed by raming whatever im drinking into the well on the bottom of the drivers door.Does the trick . You can get cupholders that either clip onto your vents or stick to your dash in most motor shops around the city. If not google it. Plenty on Ebay aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Grimes wrote:
    I have the same problem an i Managed by raming whatever im drinking into the well on the bottom of the drivers door.Does the trick . You can get cupholders that either clip onto your vents or stick to your dash in most motor shops around the city. If not google it. Plenty on Ebay aswell

I had to get something like that (my Alfa 156 doesn't come with ANY cupholders :( )- it clips on to the side of the door, and a sticky outy thing goes down the window well. It's not the prettiest, but I would only use it when I actually have something to put in it. Here it is: http://www.care4car.com/productimages/3869summit%20handy%20car%20cup%20holder.jpg

(after googling for "cup holder", this was the first result)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

eoin_s wrote:

(after googling for "cup holder", this was the first result)

LOL,

Looks nice, but I'm not too sure if it would fit (into) my car;)

Mik

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

AlanD wrote:
    Hi all,

I've got a cup holder problem. The two in the car are very shallow, so don't hold bottles or cans or cups that well. The tip over going around bends.

Do you know of any company who makes good cup holders that don't look awkward. A tasteful cup holder that will fit in with the car.

Thanks.

Try your local motor factors or Halfords.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

thanks lads....

I guess I just don't want any old cup holder. I want it to seamlessly fit in with the car. I had a look on eBay but didn't like what I saw.

I live in Limerick and I think there's a Halford's opening soon so I'll check it out there. Haven't had much joy in other motor factors.

Novel solutions still appreciated though!

• Advertisement

AlanD wrote:
    Hi all,

Thanks.

I bet you drive a focus ;)

Advertisement