Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs. Liverpool

• 06-12-2005 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭

Any ideas on how either team will approach this game and anyone dare to predict the score?

Who Will Win Tonight?? 17 votes

Liverpool
    0% 0 votes
    Chelsea
    100% 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

it pains me to say but i hope liverpool win,think it will be a draw though,predition 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Liverpool to win by more than one goal. Not basing it on anything realistic, just a feeling I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I'm going to say 1-0 to Liverpool!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I think Chelski want the win much more, and will work harder for it.
    2-0

(If there was a place at stake in the next round, I would have backed Liverpool though).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

just checked the odds on liverpool winning,5-1 with pp,not a bad bet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

yeah 1-0 to the 'pool. I just hope it's a good open game, could be a cracker if both teams just go out an enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

lads liverpool will be resting a few players tonight due to going to japan on sunday so i think it will either be a boring nil nil draw or a chelsea win im afraid.:(

I will be amazed if we win tonight

Alonso is expected to be rested

caimin wrote:
    yeah 1-0 to the 'pool. I just hope it's a good open game, could be a cracker if both teams just go out an enjoy it!

Hopefully there's alot of skill in both teams, hopefully that'll shine tonight!!

county wrote:
    just checked the odds on liverpool winning,5-1 with pp,not a bad bet

Saw that myself - very generous odds given both side's recent form. Might have a cheeky score on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Branners

Bound to be a draw, but hopefully the pool win, think they'll be much hungrier than chelski after the last time, but im sure most players will be rested

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

If you look at it one way you have to say that 5-1 is a mad price and offensive to all Liverpool fans...but...this one does have a draw written all over it and when it comes to Europe, Chelsea have a lot more to prove than Liverpool so may be up for it more....so..athough it's far too big a price...I still won't be taking advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Under 2.5 goals.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

dublindude wrote:
    Under 2.5 goals.

your not putting €2000 on it this time are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

nil-nil or one nil to the pool i hope and i support united lets have it benfica

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Goals galore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

If both teams are resting players I'll say 3-0 Chelsea.

Goals galore!
    Severly doubt it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Cech
    Ferreira
    Carvalho
    Terry
    Gallas
    Gudjohnsen
    Essien
    Lampard
    Robben
    Crespo
    Duff

Reina
    Finnan
    Hyypia
    Carragher
    Traore
    Riise
    Gerrard
    Luis Garcia
    Hamann
    Sissoko
    Crouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heres the Liverpool line up

reina,
    -finnan,carragher,hyppia,traore,
    luis garcia, hamann, sissoko, risse
    gerrard
    crouch

Subs: Carson, Kewell, Cisse, Josemi, Morientes, Sinama-Pongolle, Warnock

Chelsea

Cech
    Ferreira Terry Carvalho Gallas
    Essien
    ---Lampard Gudjohnsen
    Robben
    Duff
    Drogba

Subs: Cudicini, Del Horno, C. Cole, Geremi, Diarra, Wright-Phillips, Huth

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I was going to say 0-0 until I saw Traore.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was going to say 0-0 until I saw Traore.....

yeah, he's a nightmare. Warnock has'nt put a foot wrong and is relatively young so doent need a rest.

You'd think the like of carson would get a game seeing as he's restin g people. Alonso not in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Bah I had a feeling Liverpool would win convincingly if they fielded their best team... i.e. any team without Traore. Now, with that line-up all I can see is an extremely boring draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

warnock should have started, traore is a liability at leftback.Also they should have given carson a chance in goal and rested reina. nil nil for sure and if someone scores it will be chelsea as liverpool have a very defensive look about them aka hamann, sissoko in midfield. Is harry kewell rested then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ugh thats an ugly looking liverpool team. Maybe could see Gerard on the right and Garcia up with crouch, would prefer that myself. Really dissappointed Cisse's not being started. And obviously the major talking point - Traore?!?!?!? Why?!? The guy is absolutely terrible and always has been! No sense throwing away the game giving him a start when we have a fully fit riise and warnock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

......until I saw Traore.....
    noooooooooooo!
    what's the odds he'll give away a penalty again

The formation is my guess! Maybe Gerrard on the right and Luis Garcia behind Crouch...?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

~Rebel~ wrote:
    And obviously the major talking point - Traore?!?!?!? Why?!?

I really thought rafa had copped on o him, but alas, no.

I actually voted Chelsea once I saw the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

lets just hope and pray its to raise his profile as a defender who's good enough to play for the European Champions, so they can sell him for a bit of money to some unsuspecting Quatar league team or something in January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

us for the win. Teach chelsea we're the better team in europe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

What a bloody awful tackle by Essien.

Essien is nothing but a ****ing tramp.

knacker bastard. he could have done serious damage to Hamann there AND he got away with it.

:mad:

Jesus that Essien is a complete scumbag - should have been shown a straight red for trying to break Hamann's leg, instead the ref gives Chelsea a free. It seems to be a big part of his game - he doesn't seem to be able to do much more that kick people.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

How did that f*cker get away with that. Sorry but that's twice (tonight and Bolton) that he could have broken someones leg or knee and gotten away with it and no doubt that t*at of a manager will defend him after the game. UEFA or the FA need to sort him out. (Apologies for language but that sort of thing makes me sick)

Did he pretend to injure himself this time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

0-0 it shall finish.

• Advertisement

Did he pretend to injure himself this time?

Yes went down like a gunshot victim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

looking like a 0-0 alright. very bad tackle from essien.

lampard has had five decent attempts on goal from out side the box in the first half alone. thats good going for a midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Two players on that pitch that should never have been footballers, Traore and Essien. The latter should be off fighting a war in some sh*thole jungle country while oul' Djimi should be delivering pizzas.

Shocking tackle and an even more shocking attempt at a clearance by Traore late on in the half.

At least Liverpool didn't pay £26m for their fake footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

PiE wrote:
    Two players on that pitch that should never have been footballers, Traore and Essien. The latter should be off fighting a war in some sh*thole jungle country while oul' Djimi should be delivering pizzas.

lmfao!!!! :D

PiE wrote:

Shocking tackle and an even more shocking attempt at a clearance by Traore late on in the half.

At least Liverpool didn't pay £26m for their fake footballer.

LOL:D that's so funny.

Benitez looked seriously p*ssed at that tackle, could see him giving out to the 4th official.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

kaimera wrote:
    us for the win. Teach chelsea we're the better team in europe :)

I dont get what the difference is between CHELSEA v LIVERPOOL in stamford bridge in the premiership, and CHELSEA v LIVERPOL in stamfod bridge i nthe premiership is! well, suppose one is on a saturday and the other on a tuesday!

regarding the match, Chelsea seem way off the mark. all their moves and passes keep goin out of for throws and their shots keep goin into Row Z! They're just not themselves, even though they've had plenty of possession. from what ive seen, the pool seem more dangerous when they get in front of goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah people who think an enviable European record makes a difference in European games between teams from the country are... well not smart. Also where is the option for 0-0 draw on the poll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Wow. That linesman, sorry assistant referee, has to be on the take! ;) lol.

Yeah people who think an enviable European record makes a difference in European games between teams from the country are... well not smart.

makes perfect sense...however

they still haven't beaten us in 3 games in the CL...and I don't think it's anything to do with the 5 trophies we have. [never mentioned it tbh but was merely pointing out they have been unable to beat us in Europe]

but I guess thats..well not smart either. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It's coincidence. Nothing more than coincidence. European football is about being able to adapt to a different style of football, as each league has it's own style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

What a predictable game. I swear, I should become a professional gambler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

mmm royale with cheese!

Quell suprise!

Chelsea are pants in Europe against Liverpool, but Maureen shall tell us in a moment it did'nt really matter as they were'nt really trying. Yeah right.

Cara for MOTM.

Mike.

Steve_o wrote:
    Severly doubt it!!!
    I meant in the Milan - Schalke game :p

Madrid beaten again, Rangers progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I thought because both teams were through and there was nothing serious on the line we'd see a nice, open game...how wrong I was :(
    How in the name of football did Essien stay on the pitch after that tackle on Hamann, it was above his shin-guard on his knee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement