Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are the Mocks Starting?

Options
  • 06-12-2005 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hiya lads, I'm just wondering does anyone know when the Mocks(Pre-Examination's) are starting? I think its around the 20th of February but I'm not aure. I tried to find it on the internet but I couldn't.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

As far as I know the mocks are a school-organised thing so you'll not be finding them on the internet, and also, some schools may have them at different times.

It was the end of January/start of February last year for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Monday after midterm for me....and its snowed on that day the last two years...hope it does this year too...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

some time in febuary for me

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

It varies from school to school. Some schools don't even have them. Mine start Jan 31st for 2 weeks 'til the Mid-Term.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Oh right, I thought the Mocks were standardised like the Junior Cert. Thanks for the information lads. I think they are starting on the Wednesday after the Mid-Term in my school, of couse the useless teachers in my school don't know, what a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

CoolCiaran wrote:
    Hiya lads, I'm just wondering does anyone know when the Mocks(Pre-Examination's) are starting? I think its around the 20th of February but I'm not aure. I tried to find it on the internet but I couldn't.

it varies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

First day after Mid term for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I think it begins end of January/beginning of February for me in my school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭madbabe(",)

yea its the end of january start of february for me too has anyone started studyin for them yet?

I have. I do Christmas exams too I may as well get a bit in for them.

• Advertisement

Am starting for Xmas ones now...will have to do a hell of a lot over Xmas...I really don't wanna be me over mid Term...its gonna suck this year with all that study, cos my mocks are like the Monday we're back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

ya it varies from school to school. ive heard of a school who do their pres in november

How is the study going for everyone?

Mine is great!! I have about a third of the entire course off already!!

NO NEED TO RUB IT IN!!!
    I is gonna fail Maths Christmas Test, and possibly Mocks...

Eh.. I haven't started studying. I actually really want to get into it but I'm finding time to sit down and get the books out! Mocks are in 6weeks! Studying over christmas...:(

6 WEEKS??????????????????????????? My life is officially over.

My mocks are in 5 weeks I think...

I'll be going to Bauhaus (if I get in) the saturday before my mocks which'll probably show in the results...

I'm going to be in Cork playing matches the week end before me mocks and that will probably show in my mocks too. It's the worst time to have it.

I got my timetable today and I have something everyday and some of my friends get 2 days off the way the choice subjects are arranged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Apple Gal

3 weeks after mid term for me.Sooooooo scary!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

andyman wrote:
    How is the study going for everyone?

Mine is great!! I have about a third of the entire course off already!!

:eek:

I haven't started studying and mocks are in 6 weeks!! I'm so screwed...:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭madbabe(",)

Mine are in 3 havent studied at all! Had a maths paper to do for homework over hols and it took me like 6 hours!

Oooohhh i got the timetable for my mocks today! It's mad scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Hi Everyone

my are starting on 1st Febuary

Mine start on the 30th of January!

Mine are on the 31st of January. Two weeks away and I haven't even touched the Geography course >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Sorchie

My mocks start the week after the midterm so around the 20th of February and I havent started studying yet!I always mean to then get distracted or something.I'm starting after school study next week cause I know if I didn't I wouldn't study til the night before as I usually do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

yeh but that works for you!!

Piste wrote:
    Mine are on the 31st of January. Two weeks away and I haven't even touched the Geography course >.<

Oh yes I have not touched geography at all either! Every time I start I just say I know this and then give up! Everyone keeps saying how the mocks are nothing and only a practise so everyone in my school just isn't bothering at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I bothered more for my mocks than my JC, really. Turned out okay.*

*I am not endorsing not studying for the JC. Eh... study. =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

mine start on the 31st of january
    know most of it fairly well even though i havent studied to much
    maths wont be easy at all though
    business might be a problem when it comes to long questions (some years are easy some arnt)

Advertisement