Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are the Mocks Starting?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Apple Gal

Mmm maths will not be good! I've been giving a question evry night for hw from the higher level papers and I haven't been able to do one question! There too hard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Bah I'm so unprepared for the mocks...but rather than studying for them I come online to moan and bitch and whinme about how badly I'm going to fail.

Beats studying :)

Awhhh me too! And complain about the little amount of studying I am doing when I should be doing it instead of telling the world about not doing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭StJimmy

My Mocks are quite late - they don't start until some time in March and end the day before St.Paddy's Day!

But it all depends on your school.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Piste wrote:
    Bah I'm so unprepared for the mocks...but rather than studying for them I come online to moan and bitch and whinme about how badly I'm going to fail. Beats studying :)
    Now, now. Talk to mumsie and dadsie :v: and ask them for assistance. Claim you've never done formal exams before and would appreciate their help and patience. Agree something with them that if you do X amount of study and get Y grades in the mocks that you will be given peaceful use of your room for study without aggravation from your siblings / forgiven chores / allowed have a night out / whatever floats your boat.

Now if you actually have a problem studying, ask for someone who is good at that subjec to help, be that, parent, sibling, cousin, neighbour, etc.

• Advertisement

StJimmy wrote:
    My Mocks are quite late - they don't start until some time in March and end the day before St.Paddy's Day!

But it all depends on your school.

WOW that is late if ya ask me! I'd like to get them over and done with so I could concentrate on the real thing!

Apple Gal wrote:
    WOW that is late if ya ask me! I'd like to get them over and done with so I could concentrate on the real thing!

Haha yeah, I suppose. But I'm just over my Christmas exams and I kinda want a break.

Ya see in my school we don't have Christmas exams! It's great! In normal years you just have Feb and Summer exams and it's the same on 3rd year,the mocks and jc!

Apple Gal wrote:
    Ya see in my school we don't have Christmas exams! It's great! In normal years you just have Feb and Summer exams and it's the same on 3rd year,the mocks and jc!

Lucky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

God, I thought my school was the only one starting really early. I thought most were after midterm. Mine start the 31st, so ten days. Haven't done enough work. Still have another week to get work done but I know I won't be that bothered. When it comes to my results I will be!

• Advertisement

I know mine are on the 30th and I still have to do 1st and 2nd year work in everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Feb 20th for me

http://www.duncc.ie/Portal.aspx?tabindex=116&tabid=4066

theres my timetable :)

Victor wrote:
    Now, now. Talk to mumsie and dadsie :v: and ask them for assistance. Claim you've never done formal exams before and would appreciate their help and patience. Agree something with them that if you do X amount of study and get Y grades in the mocks that you will be given peaceful use of your room for study without aggravation from your siblings / forgiven chores / allowed have a night out / whatever floats your boat.

Now if you actually have a problem studying, ask for someone who is good at that subjec to help, be that, parent, sibling, cousin, neighbour, etc.

Well they promised me a laptop if I study- not do well, just study for the Junior. So I do have an incentive to study...I just dont wanna :p

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Piste wrote:
    Well they promised me a laptop if I study- not do well, just study for the Junior. So I do have an incentive to study...I just dont wanna :p
    I wasn't suggesting somethign material, as such. But what would make you study?

Someone standing behind me whipping me everytime I averted my eyes from the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

No, that'd be even MORE incentive not to study. ;D

My mocks are finished!! I'm so so happy!:D :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

and mine have yet to begin...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 ketchup_please

:mad: mine finish tomorrow. i hav science and spanish but none of my friends do spanish so they all get to go off and do whatever, and i'm stuck in scool

Today nearly everyone in my year had business except for me so I was stuck at home all day and it's very boring!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭madbabe(",)

2 more exams tomorrow science and music! can't wait to be finished! they weren't as hard as i thought they were going to be, you actually remember so much when it comes to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Mine still haven't started. They don't start until after mid-term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Roy16

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Yay, my mocks are OVER!

Awhhh yeah me too! *virtual hi 5*:D

Advertisement