Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good online stores for HDTVs?

Options
  • 06-12-2005 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recomend anywhere?? Preferably domestic rather than the UK...

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Its pretty frustr(ating finding Online stores that will deliver to ireland - compared to the huge number that will only deliver to the uk. I personally am going to get mine shipped to a UK address and then onwards to me. Will still be cheaper than buying from an Irish Online store or Irish retail store. But then I was very picky about the model I wanted.

Any how an easy 2 to start the ball rolling :

pixmania.com (there have been some moans about them and if it breaks you have to ship it back to france) Not used them personally. They have a cracking deal on a Toshiba 37" Widescreen.

Frustratingly the range they offer to the UK is wider. Grrrrr

komplett.ie (Many many people use them for PC parts, I personally RMA'd things back with no issues. Downside not the cheapest compared to some UK only deals)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭strettie

I know there are some horror stories out there about Pixmania at the moment but I ordered a 32" lcd from them 2 weeks ago and it was delivered in perfect condition within 3 days.

I did pay the little extra for express shipping but I think it is safer to get it shipped via DHL. Saved 500 euros on Irish prices

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

savastore.com

Ebuyer.com

Digiuk.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

www.katronics.de

Delivery costs to Ireland: €80

Very low prices too, depending on your budget and size you want:

LCD over 30":
    http://www.katronics.de/index.php?Kat=146&oberkat=44&Tiefe=3&show=1#_details

Plasma:
    http://www.katronics.de/index.php?Kat=45&oberkat=36&Tiefe=2&show=2

Samsung HD ready plasma for only €1,915 + €80 = €1995 (a steal for a HD ready 42" tv!!:
    http://www.katronics.de/index.php?Artikel_ID=1392&Kat=148&oberkat=45&Tiefe=3&show=1&details=1392&click_count=1&amax=2000#_details
    1392.jpg

Wish you all the best!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Is that a 10000:1 ratio on that Samsung??

Would that be considered to be a good Plasma?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

I've found ShopIreland/Amazon increasingly competitive of late. For example, Sharp LC32P50E (HD + HDMI) for €1140. The same on Katronics is €1160. DID also carry it for €1299. Also, Videoseven LTV32H on Komplett for €1098.99 (was €1150 last week). Amazon have it for €1060.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I noticed the Samsung LE40M61B on Katronics, which would on paper appear to be an excellent screen (right types and numbers of connectors and supports what you'd want out of a HDTV).

http://www.katronics.de/index.php?Kat=146&oberkat=44&Tiefe=3&show=1#_details

Not a bad price - €200 cheaper than Komplett, before you've factored in delivery.

So does anyone have experience dealing with the company?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Nice TV lad, ummm , I am in the market and that seems like a good TV.

What are the expert opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

I had a 42" Plasma delivered from Katronics.de and found the service excellent. €80 to my door.

Can highly recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭spooner_src

Hey Folks

Try www.tec24-7.com

Site is in german but again the prices for LCD's etc seem competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I've found ShopIreland/Amazon increasingly competitive of late. For example, Sharp LC32P50E (HD + HDMI) for €1140. The same on Katronics is €1160. DID also carry it for €1299. Also, Videoseven LTV32H on Komplett for €1098.99 (was €1150 last week). Amazon have it for €1060.

I wasted my time on ShopIreland/Amazon comparing prices for loads of TVs, eventually picked my model, went through the whole process of entering my billing and delivery details, and only then found out that they won't deliver TVs to Ireland!
    They might deliver < 26 inch, not sure about that, but any reasonably large TV is UK mainland only. I mailed them to complain about having my time wasted by them advertising stuff that they won't deliver to Ireland. The response was that the site's purpose only to show Amazon prices in Euro, and people in the UK might want to order stuff off it (??) so it was quite valid to advertise it. Completely missed the point that I wouldn't have minded so much if it was clear from the outset, rather than only finding out after entering all my details.

Got mine in the end from Savastore, was also looking at DigiUK.
    Don't know what their prices for TVs are like, but I've ordered (and returned) computer stuff from Dabs.co.uk before, good service. Just don't believe their estimates for stuff that's not currently in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Try http://www.priceminister.com, found the Samsung LE32R51B that I've been hunting down for a good while now, only €1229 delivered, I can't see anyone finding a better price than that.
    The site is in french however, so be warned.

Advertisement