Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP, wirless, internet, what?

• 06-12-2005 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I bought a psp there yesterday and am mad bout it. Unfortunatly cant open till crimbo day but being buying accesories etc etc.

I was jsut wondering whats the crack with wireless internet i keep hearing about or something. Like is it possible if there is a wireless internet round my house or college for instance i can connect to the internet?

Just some info would be sound.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

you will get internet access when you upgrade the psp to 1.5,upgrade software comes on the games you dont have to do much,just say yes to everything.Learn as much as you can about your psp on the net before upgrading to 2.0

Internet on the psp is pretty sweet but can be a little slower than a pc,but faster when downloading large files(mp3-mpg4)if you have a wireless access point you can surf the net on the psp also you can get it wherever there is free wireless net,i think Mcdonalds are introducing free wifi,Some pubs,hotels,cafe's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

I got one a few months ago i have a linksys wireless router and it connects to it i have never tried it on a wifi but i presume it works fine it would be ok for checking emails and that ,but entering web add is cumbersome .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

does the psp come with a internet browser. I'm a little reluctant to upgrading to 2.0 for reasons i think you can guess but i cant mention due to me getting banned.

Just want to know how it works exactly. Like how to type in html etc is their an onscreen keyboard, do you buy one?

Just i cant find good info anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The internet browser is only available from 2.0 onwards.

You type using an onscreen keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

it's easy to set up with a wifi router, but the user experiance isn't great on general websites, the sony psp site is ok, thats designed for the psp. Overall - a gimmick, handy to have, but not a deal maker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

andyeire wrote:
    but entering web add is cumbersome .
    its no more cumbersome than texting

and frequently used phrases are provided seperatley like "http://" and ".com" etc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Any PSP bought in Ireland already has 2.0 on it (apart from a few reported to be 1.5 coming from xtra-vision) and for god's sake don't upgrade the firmware beyond that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Upgraded to 2.0 last night to try the whole web browser out with me new wireless router.......its crap, unless you fancy looking at boobie pictures while pretending to play games. It doesn't work well on most sites, downgrade to 1.50 and stick with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

dregin wrote:
    Any PSP bought in Ireland already has 2.0 on it (apart from a few reported to be 1.5 coming from xtra-vision) and for god's sake don't upgrade the firmware beyond that.
    irish psps initially shipped with v1.52 firmware.

Advertisement