Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

wierd DVD player problem

• 06-12-2005 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

my aunts computer has a weird problem,

It's a philps computer with a philps DVD-RW drive. but for some reason it wont play CD-Rom's or Audio cd's but will play DVD's

no idea what the problem is does anyone have an idea.. i'm not at the computer now. but i will be in a few days,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Is it just with originals or copies that it wont play!? or just the audio part?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I put in new audio CD's (not copies) and it wouldn't work, I put in New software CD-rom (not copies) and it wouldn't work same with new CD-rom games. , But it would play DVD's both real and copies,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

what happens when you put in a cdrom? does it keep spining or just sit there?

spins for a few seconds then it just sits there.

bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

(ensure boot options are set to Cd obviously..) Test with a bootable CD first and foremost.
    This is the easiest way to determine whether it's a hardware or OS issue.

(ensure boot options are set to Cd obviously..) what do you mean by this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

In the BIOS setup - check that the optical drive is top of the list of device from which the computer should start..

Just try booting from a bootable CD firstly. Then if it fails: check this detail out..

Advertisement