Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anime Reviews

• 06-12-2005 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

I haven't come across a thread here for anime reviews so why not? There seems to be lots of recommendations floating around here on animes but not much details. I'm not thinking of long reviews though, just some simple sentences. What do ye think? Good idea? Bad idea?

I'll start:

Ninja Scroll (movie)
    No holds barred action flick revolving around the ninja Jubei who incurs the wrath of the 8 Devils of Kimon but receives help in the form of a female ninja, Kagero, and a mysterious old man by the name of Dakuwan.

Great animation, varied and violent action, decent story, likeable characters. What more can you ask for? They don't make them like this anymore!
    9/10

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'd have no problem stickying an "Anime Recommendations" type thread with people giving a bit of info on the show and telling readers why they should watch it.

This can be that thread if you like. I will heavily moderate it though, (deleting bad ones) If I really have to edit a post for spoilers the person responsible won't be allowed to post in that thread again.

So, lets lay the ground rules:

No spoilers.

Do NOT post a recommendation of something which has already been mentioned.

No replies to the recommendations; e.g. no "yeah this is awsoem xD *^_^* kawaii!" posts, etc.

It must be formatted as so:

Anime Title - (TV/Movie/OVA etc)
    Text of recommendation.
    If you wish to, you can also start a thread with a longer description including screen captures from the show, and link to it in your recommendation article.

Right, well, we'll see how this goes. If it gets good I'll sticky it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

All right, I'll give this a shot,

Full Metal Alchemist (TV)
    An excellent mix of drama, suspense, action and comedy about two brothers: Edward Elric, the titular Full Metal Alchemist, and Alphonse Elric.

When they attempted to resurrect a human being using the science of alchemy they paid a heavy price, now they travel the world in search of the fabled Philosophers Stone, a mythical device capable of returning to them what was lost.

Teriffic animation, great action, fantastic comedy, loveable characters and a great plot to tie it all together. This is anime at its best.

My score, 9/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Edition - DVD

Shinji Ikari is summoned to NERV by his cold father, Gendo Ikar, who tells him he has a use for him. At the same time, a giant being known as an 'Angel' also arrives in New Tokyo-3, which is met by the ineffectual offense of the U.N. Shinji must pilot the equally giant Evangelion Unit-01 but at what cost?

I was pretty new to animé when I picked this up in the shops and didn't really know anything about it all. I was only attracted to it by its shiny packaging :D What I didn't know was this was one of the must see shows if you are an animé fan.

After watching the first volume, it had me. I was addicted to the show and then as quickly as possible logged onto PLAY.com and ordered the rest of the DVDs!

What makes the show great you ask? The story gets even more intense the more you watch. The comical moments between Asuka and Shinji. The cool battles they have againts the "Angels" all adds up to be one mind blowing show.

I'd give this show a solid 9/10

Advertisement