Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Search for a DVD

• 06-12-2005 10:47pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm looking for a WWE dvd for a friend and wasn't sure if it's released yet or not, Play have it due for release in January, but I heard it was available in some places at the moment, so is it on sale now and play just dont have it or is it not released yet.

The dvd is Bret Hart: The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be. I can't find anything about it online besides the Play thing.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

im sure wrestling mania in stephens green had a few copies of it last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

released on region 1 definately. if not on region 2 already it will be very soon

see here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

got that from my cousin, and put it on my psp, so being watching it on the bus, and it's pretty good so far, Bret really does hold himself in high regard! (but rightly so)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Cactus Col wrote:
    Bret really does hold himself in high regard!

Understatement of the century there. The guy absolutely loves himself. Apparently when WWF did a documentary on his life back in the day, they were shocked to find that the walls in every room of his house were covered in pictures of himself!

I remember reading about his new wife in powerslam whos about half his age. The guy writing the column wrote that they have one important thing in common: "They both love Bret Hart". Sums it up in my view.

Also, whenever he is criticised by anyone, he cant take it and retalliates with childish rebuttals. Recently, he said that HBK can only work one type of match that consists of spots he stole from Ric Flair and midgit wrestlers: a shockingly childish response to the opinion Michaels expressed about the Hit Man (HBK said in his book that Bret wasnt a great worker in his view). I wish Bret didnt respond like this (he gave a similarly childish response to comments from Flair that mirrored Michaels') because people will remember him for it rather than what he should be remembered for: his wrestling ability, which IMO was exceptional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

HBK said in his book that Bret wasnt a great worker in his view

Yeah, but HBK is full of **** right there!

people will remember him for it rather than what he should be remembered for: his wrestling ability, which IMO was exceptional

I think that Bret is that good that he won't be remembered for anything stupid he says. He could say all the stupid things in the world and I'm sure he'd still be remembered as the greatest wrestler ever. Why shouldn't he have a high view of himself? Maybe if he didn't he wouldn't have been able to accomplish what he has. Kurt seems kind of the same in his book, maybe it's that personality trait that has allowed them to succeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

its something about bret hart thats bugged me the older i got and i took off the rose tinted glasses more.. he really is an arrogant sh!te.. even on the byte this interview.. he really, genuinely believes he was the best there is, was and ever will be...

all the same though the guy's still a legend and my favourite wrassler.. looking forward to his dvd...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Fozzy wrote:
    Yeah, but HBK is full of **** right there!

Im with you there: I dissagree with HBKs opinion. None the less, he is entitled to it.
    Fozzy wrote:
    I think that Bret is that good that he won't be remembered for anything stupid he says. He could say all the stupid things in the world and I'm sure he'd still be remembered as the greatest wrestler ever.

Thats if you think he was the greatest wrestler ever- an opinion which you are entitled to and many would agreed with: i personally think he was great but id have a few guys ahead of him: Flair; HBK; Angle; Backlund; Benoit; Eddie.

Also, the stupid remarks will definitely tarnish a lot of peoples view (im not saying everyones view) of Bret. I know quite a lot of people who get very irrited by Bret whenever they are watching his interviews: he never fails to say something controversial, i'll give him that. (although to be fair, he hasnt quite reached the Scott Steiner level of stupid remarks on a constant basis yet)
    Fozzy wrote:
    Why shouldn't he have a high view of himself? Maybe if he didn't he wouldn't have been able to accomplish what he has. Kurt seems kind of the same in his book, maybe it's that personality trait that has allowed them to succeed

Im not sayin that he shouldnt have a high opinion of himself: i just think he brings it to the extreme. Not very many people like to hear someone be so cocky: theres absolutely no humility about him, which was one of the traits that bring respect to guys like Eddie and Benoit.

I disagree about Angle though. While he is vocal about his Olympic achievements, he comes across as being respectful towards a lot of pro wrestlers in particualar. He claims that he wants to be like Ric Flair in terms of pro wrestling, which is the ultimate compliment to Flair from an Olympic Wrestling Champion.

Advertisement