Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Help with a new K750

• 06-12-2005 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Ok I've finally gotten my k750 and I love it. Its so much better than the k700 but I have a few problems. I've loaded the mms and wap settings from the meteor website and restarted twice but pictures still wont send. I have selected to resize the pics down to 640x480 before sending still nothing. Any help?

Also I have firmware version R1L002 and saw here that R1N035 is out with some improvements. Should I update?.. Does it still have the camera sound or what?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Did MMS/wap work with meteor on your last phone? ie is it set up for you at your account level?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Do NOT update . Wait for the next firmware release .

Check on www.easto.com for details ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Yup I have R1N035. It's really buggy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Cheers I'll hold out thanks lads. I got the mms to work in the end after setting it up from the SE website. Also set up gmail on my phone which is pretty handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Alright version R1L002 is really really buggy!! Whats the deal with this? My phone has turned off and back on a good bit, the menu icons have black backgrounds for some reason(not theme fault) and then revert back to normal a while later. Also the screen goes fuzzy if I go through the menus really quickly. My k700 had nothing like any of these problems...ever... Anyone else getting this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

My phone has turned off and back on a good bit, the menu icons have black backgrounds for some reason(not theme fault) and then revert back to normal a while later. Also the screen goes fuzzy if I go through the menus really quickly. My k700 had nothing like any of these problems...ever... Anyone else getting this?

thats exactly whats happening to my k750i,im going to mprc on friday to get it flashed, do u guys think the problem will be solved.or whats the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

su_dios wrote:
    Alright version R1L002 is really really buggy!! Whats the deal with this? My phone has turned off and back on a good bit, the menu icons have black backgrounds for some reason(not theme fault) and then revert back to normal a while later. Also the screen goes fuzzy if I go through the menus really quickly. My k700 had nothing like any of these problems...ever... Anyone else getting this?

The new firmware is out. Version R1AA008. Has been very stable for me and most bugs seem to be gone. See the software forum on esato for details on how to update. You need to download a new update client to do the update - details on esato.

how do u download to the fone.will morc have the latest update

drdre wrote:
    how do u download to the fone.will morc have the latest update

Read the thread in the esato software forum on K750i firmware updates. It's a massive thread but you'll find details on how to get the update towards the end of that thread.

MPRC? Don't know you'll have to contact them. I would imagine that the latest update will always be available online first.

Edit: Here's the link to the new update client: http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=ie&lc=en&ver=4000&template=ps1_1_3_1_1&zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=10242&fid=21839

thanks phoneix,i will check out the websites for the upgrades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

that esto thread is soooo bloody confusing. tried reading it a few days a go and gave up. Would someone be so good as to paraphrase it for the rest of us? Is the latest one released for our european region??

Whats the story with the firmware names? there seems to be no way to know what order they are in unless you've got each one of SE as they were released.

Just get the new update client here . There's instructions on that page on how to install and complete the update. The client guides you through the process aswell.

ok but what is the latest firmware, what does it fix\improve and is it recommended to upgrage to it?
    I have R1N035 on my phone

Scruff wrote:
    ok but what is the latest firmware, what does it fix\improve and is it recommended to upgrage to it?
    I have R1N035 on my phone

Yes the current firmware available through the update is for most European region phones and is R1A008 and this is definitely the latest firmware. It is much improved over the slow and buggy R1N035 update. As for what bugs it fixes, you'll have to trawl through that thread on esato to find out, although one user reported the following:

*fixed problem with phone would randomly reset itself or turn itself off.
    *fixed problem with phone not recognising sim card (insert sim).
    *faster menus.
    *accesses aplications and programs faster (like java games).
    *better mp3 quality and volume.
    *bluetooth problems have been fixed.
    *calls and voice mail etc sound clearer.
    *slightly better screen display (sharper, brighter).
    *rotating and zooming with camera faster.
    *no hissing problems with any sound whatsoever.
    *no computer conncetion or file manager problems.

I would recommend that you update your firmware. For me R1A008 is much faster and generally less buggy.

ok. got the update software, installed in, restarted pc (to be on the safe side). Started the software, followed all the steps up to where it tells you to turn off phone, remove sim, replace battery, hold "c" and insert cable and now its not doing anything. just sitting there on that screen showing the animation over and over again. then it goes back to the "Update your phone" start screen. Does this mean its worked or failed????

/edit ok. i wasnt holding the "c" button for long enough. ye need to hold it down till the instructions change and tell you to release it:rolleyes:

/edit2. This isnt working at all for me. It keeps failing on install when the progress bar get to the last block and give an error saying "Error Executing script". I uninstalled the update centre software, rebooted and reinstalled it and tried again and it still doesnt work. This sucks :mad:
    Anyone know where the actual update file it downloads is saved? whe it went to download updates the 2nd time round it only lasted about 2 seconds so i think it might have found the previous download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Scruff wrote:
    ok. got the update software, installed in, restarted pc (to be on the safe side). Started the software, followed all the steps up to where it tells you to turn off phone, remove sim, replace battery, hold "c" and insert cable and now its not doing anything. just sitting there on that screen showing the animation over and over again. then it goes back to the "Update your phone" start screen. Does this mean its worked or failed????

/edit ok. i wasnt holding the "c" button for long enough. ye need to hold it down till the instructions change and tell you to release it:rolleyes:

/edit2. This isnt working at all for me. It keeps failing on install when the progress bar get to the last block and give an error saying "Error Executing script". I uninstalled the update centre software, rebooted and reinstalled it and tried again and it still doesnt work. This sucks :mad:
    Anyone know where the actual update file it downloads is saved? whe it went to download updates the 2nd time round it only lasted about 2 seconds so i think it might have found the previous download.

I'm having similar problems getting the update done on my phone. Seems sony have turned out a baga****e application for updating. Apparently you can use 3rd party software to update your phone. I might look into it later.

Maybe wolfman could jump in here?

Scruff wrote:
    /edit2. This isnt working at all for me. It keeps failing on install when the progress bar get to the last block and give an error saying "Error Executing script".

Are you by any chance running anti-virus/security software that might be blocking scripts? Try disabling your anti-virus and try the update again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I got it working successfully (at last).
    My problem was that I had the wrong Flash installed, it needs Flash Player for IE, not Mozilla, you need to install it from a Standalone installer: like this one.

The flash itself took a good few minutes, but it worked. :)

Scruff: Like PheonixRising said, you might try disabling all your anti-virus and firewall stuff if you have any, that's what I did anyway. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hey Guys,

I have a K750i on Voda and I have heard that ya cannot use the SE site to update the software due to some crap Voda have on the fone:rolleyes:

Is this True?

Don't want to go to all the bother of the downloads to find out that it don't work:eek:

Cheers

Mik

• Advertisement

Are you by any chance running anti-virus/security software that might be blocking scripts? Try disabling your anti-virus and try the update again.

Yep tried that (I'm running AVG) and the firewall is disabled.

I'll try updating my version of flash like BopNiblets said and see how i get on tonight.

However the SEUS is not being very decriptive with its error messages. All it said is "Unknown Error" (wtf?).

just after wasting over 30 mins setting up my k750i on a clean machine with no virus scanner or firewall, installed all the latests upgrade centre and flash and it is still giving me the same fooking error :mad: :mad: :mad:

(In case i didnt mention it, my phone is O2 branded)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Branded phones are different I think (O2 would have altered the firmware slightly, so the installer doesn't recognize whats on it and aborts or something)... not sure, maybe someone else can confirm that?

Anyone who's upgraded theirs to R1AA008, can you check something for me?
    Explained in my 2nd last post in this thread. :)
    Appreciate it, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

After 3 K750i's that were way too buggy for my liking (I returned each one each time) I swapped for a Motorola V3.

It's camera is mediocre, but I've never experienced a bug, and IMO, it's one of the best engineered pieces of technology I've ever experienced.

BopNiblets wrote:
    Branded phones are different I think (O2 would have altered the firmware slightly, so the installer doesn't recognize whats on it and aborts or something)... not sure, maybe someone else can confirm that?

This is the 1st i've heard of this. Has anyone with an O2 branded phone managed to sucessfully update the firmware? The version on my O2 branded phone is R1N035

Scruff wrote:

This is the 1st i've heard of this. Has anyone with an O2 branded phone managed to sucessfully update the firmware? The version on my O2 branded phone is R1N035

Same here... having problems also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 XY

Scruff wrote:

I updated my O2 branded phone before, when I bought it the firware was R1L002 and I upgraded to R1N035 last month, I just tried to updating to R1AA008, it went through the whole update process but my phone is still saying it has R1N035 on it:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You can't update branded software unless O2 have been given a updated branded version. It sucks, but that's life. Reflash it to standard software if needs be. Fairly easy to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭wanwarlock

chrislad wrote:
    You can't update branded software unless O2 have been given a updated branded version. It sucks, but that's life. Reflash it to standard software if needs be. Fairly easy to do.

my phone is voda branded. is this the same for me? can i remove branding myself instead of going to a shop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yup. Do a google for Kobonet shop. It's an online site that does it. You do it yourself. I've done it about 10 times for different people so far. Costs about 10 euro a credit

Advertisement