Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Help with a new K750

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭wanwarlock

chrislad wrote:
    Yup. Do a google for Kobonet shop. It's an online site that does it. You do it yourself. I've done it about 10 times for different people so far. Costs about 10 euro a credit

just went to the kobonet netshop site, did u use the original usb cable to unbrand & unlock the phone?? saw that to unbrand u can use the original usb cable, but didn't say about unlocking/flashing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Unbranding is the same as flashing. I've used the original cable to unlock and unbrand/flash.

grand... will use them then... cheers chrislad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

XY wrote:
    I updated my O2 branded phone before, when I bought it the firware was R1L002 and I upgraded to R1N035 last month, I just tried to updating to R1AA008, it went through the whole update process but my phone is still saying it has R1N035 on it:confused:

I did the same thing about a week ago when I heard tehre was a new firmware out. It went through the whole upgrade procedure and "flashed" the phone etc, but still showed R1N035... kinda weird. And a bit annoying, considering the process deleted about 60 photographs from my memory stick when it was done... mental note for later: remove the memory stick before performing any upgrades.

My understanding is that unbranded K750s will have the upgrade available straight away on SEUS, but O2 or Vodafone branded K750s will have to wait until the custom firmwares are completed. This happened for me with the original R1N035 upgrade; there was a delay of a month or two after the initial (unbranded) release of the R1N035 firmware before the O2 version was available on SEUS.

I'm happy out with the current firmware though, I've never had any problems with it.

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

chrislad wrote:
    You can't update branded software unless O2 have been given a updated branded version. It sucks, but that's life. Reflash it to standard software if needs be. Fairly easy to do.

ah i see. Does doing this invalidate yer warranty as well though?
    That said havent had any major issues with the current firmware.

• Advertisement

Funny that you should mention that warranty. A friend had a K750i flashed to a W800i. It developed a fault (physical, nothing to do with firmware). He sent it back for repair. It came back fixed, with the K750i firmware. So, no, it doesn't invalidate your warranty.

chrislad wrote:
    Funny that you should mention that warranty. A friend had a K750i flashed to a W800i. It developed a fault (physical, nothing to do with firmware). He sent it back for repair. It came back fixed, with the K750i firmware. So, no, it doesn't invalidate your warranty.

was ur friend on voda or o2... just in case anything goes wrong if i do flash :D

Neither. He was Meteor. :)

Think they all use the same crowd anyways (Sigma) for phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Can anyone do me a small favour if they have a K750i?
    You need to have the R1AA008 firmware (try it with others anyway)

1. Take a 3-in-1 Panoramic picture, of anything, the room you're in now, I don't care.
    2. View it in the Pictures folder, in Horizontal, and then tell me if you can zoom in on it, and what resolution it saved it as (from More-> Information).

Thanks in advance. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

BopNiblets wrote:
    Can anyone do me a small favour if they have a K750i?
    You need to have the R1AA008 firmware (try it with others anyway)

1. Take a 3-in-1 Panoramic picture, of anything, the room you're in now, I don't care.
    2. View it in the Pictures folder, in Horizontal, and then tell me if you can zoom in on it, and what resolution it saved it as (from More-> Information).

Thanks in advance. :)

Just tried it there. Resolution was 1648x416 and no it wouldn't allow me to zoom in on it from the pictures folder. Firmware is R1AA008.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭niallb

1664x432 .

I can zoom up to 32x in Horizontal mode, and scroll
    through the whole picture.

My Firmware is still R1L002.
    I guess you're seeing the bug mentioned here on esato.com.

I was tempted to update for better low light camera,
    but I've had no problems with the phone, and I
    know plenty people have.
    I got the add on flash unit for Christmas and it sorted
    the low light issue anyway ;)

NiallB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Ah, cheers lads.
    Kind of an annoying bug, won't be able to check if I lined up any panoramic shots on the spot anymore (until a fix, if any) :(
    Once they're resized on the PC and put back on the phone, they're ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

su_dios wrote:
    Alright version R1L002 is really really buggy!! Whats the deal with this? My phone has turned off and back on a good bit, the menu icons have black backgrounds for some reason(not theme fault) and then revert back to normal a while later. Also the screen goes fuzzy if I go through the menus really quickly. My k700 had nothing like any of these problems...ever... Anyone else getting this?

After updating to R1AA008 a few months ago I am still having the same problem as above ^^ . I'm getting really pissed off.. this happens at least once every day if not more. Can anyone help with this? Also I don't think I can return really because pixmania.com aren't all that helpful with that sort of thing apparently

Advertisement