Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users are you happy?

• 06-12-2005 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Right, heres the thing. I am on IBB breaze at the moment. Which as you all know is rubish. I have asked them to uninstall it since the day it was installed. so I am going to take matters further of canceling my Direct Debit with them.
    However I would like to get a decent BB service. I cant get NTL (rang today still not active in my part of D8) Metro seems to be the next best one. However I dont know much about the company/service (4Mb up/1Mb Down)

So how do people find it?

PS... yes I know people post about it all the time. However abilty to browse boards as my connection is eather timeing out or taking forever to open a page.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

sutty, honestly mine may be bad at times, but i still get near full speed on downloads and uploads.
    All thats causing my problems is a bad installation and high pings from 8pm to 12 midnight.

Id recommend them to a family member and/or a friend. im on the 4/1 service btw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

am on the 3mb/512kb package and have to say i'm very pleased with it..went down only once and this was while i was at work so it didn't affect me..on isptest i get around 2.7mb and 450kb up so it's consistent...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I'm 12km away from Digiweb base and getting 3M/512k. You won't even get IBB to survey at that distance. Also I'm ditching the Eircom line as soon as the phone port is activated. Saves 27 Euro a month then. The "modem" is actually runnig at 5120K (5M) upstream, no doubt this includes dedicated capatiy for two phone lines (can't be more than 150k).

Advertisement