Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush R30 got it today one word - WOOOOWWW

• 06-12-2005 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Well you rocking kings/queens,
    got the new DVD of their 30th anniversary tour last year recorded in Germany ,,ahhh am well pleased deffinately bettter than Rush In Rio,,even though i luuv the passion and fire of that DVD - this one is excellent has alll the sound.imagery and feel of what it's REALLY like to be at one of their shows...amazing stuff.
    Musicianship of top notch order all throuought, and gerat film work to capture their amazing lights/lazer show - Ive yet to see one thats as dynamic and futuristic as what they have. All 3 lads shine as usual,,,terrific stuff - Geddy Lee's amazing footwork on keyboards as he wizzes along some amazing basss Lines AND sings all at the same time is a major highlight. Pearts drumming/percussion work...need I say more??...Alex Lifeson's guitar work is as class as ever.
    Highlights? - too many to mention but well .... their R30 Overture to start the show,,a collection of early classics played as instrumentals which run one to another without a break,,great fun all together. Between The Wheels; hasnt ever been played live is from 1984 a real fave of mine guitar and drums wise and they pull if off note for note and the lights during it - breathtaking. Xanadu pops up with ALex Lifeson's double neck Guitar making a comeback,,marvelous..and much , much more..
    .I dunno if theirs a musician out there or rock fan who doesnt try to get this in their stocking no matter what style they play...well they should change their tablets....this is a celebration of truly great music and truly great musicians.

enjoy and ciao' rocking amigos...Baggio...........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

This is on the list alright. I'm keeping an eye out for the version with the two CDs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Thats what I luvvv about my mate Doc..he just KNOWSSSSS quality :)

congrats on yer list my bass/drumming man...yes thats the de=luxe version your after.,,,good call amigo.

ciao'...... Baggio....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Your love of RUSH is almost dangerous!

:D damnmm where did I leave those tablets!!!!

Ronan ahh I get ya mate ,,but for me a certain few quality bands really galvanise all my passion for music ..it's like drumming for me its deeper than just banging things,,it's almost a biological thing its deep in real music/drumming folks,,,there are many like that and many guyitar/bassits/keyboard folks who have that deeper sense of passion and drive for their instrument etc...is hard to explain but for me a small handfull of bands that Im into bring that out of me and i really get fired up to play better myself from seeing/hearing their stuff...so - God help folks at the first gig *probably in Febuary* when my bands hit the stage and we rock,,coz will be well fired up by then :D

ciao' amigo...Baggio.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I wasnt slagging only having a joke! They are a great group and still going strong which is so good to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Damn i need to get this asap!

Baggio, except for the extra CDs, are there any other differences between the standard and deluxe editions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Your love of RUSH is almost dangerous!

Not to mention contageous.

Must... Buy... R30... :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Would this be worth getting over Rush in Rio for Christmas?

JC,
    ......Gosh thats a tough one...easy for me to say I know "buy both"! etc...but in all honestly yer better off getting both sometime as Rio is excellent has all the passsion and fire of a band on the comeback,,,hugs crowds in Brazil and all the atmopsphere ya want...the documentary disc with it is rweally worth watching Lifeson is a natural zanny comic if ever there was one!...R30,,,is just sooo damm goood as I wrote earlier in the thread,,uit has everything too...is up to you bro,,,choose either if yu wish,,but Id honestly say both are really worth having.

ciao'; amigo...Baggio...

ps fair play to the hungus..the taste is alll there too :)

Got this. It's a bit more polished than the Rush In Rio DVD. It still rocks but Rio is a bit more raw and the crowd reaction really adds to the whole affair. You can't really hear the crowd in R30. it's a very clean, professional package and I would think that Rush In Rio has the better set list too (Mystic Rhythms :( ). Peart's drum solo on the new one though, is absolutley unbelievable :D

They're both worth having :)

Baggio, I found one of the easter eggs, go to the interview section to the screen witht he silhouette of the guy stadning there and keep pushing the right arrow past the last interview. The silhouette will activate a hidden interview with Alex which is very funny.

• Advertisement

Doc,
    ...ahh always a joy when a pal buys whats gooood for him hehehehe :p
    ...good stuff my man ..illl go check that easter egg out , lifeson hes a laugh eh?....hes a real comic for sure.., i think their one of the few bands i can think of that can put a smile on my mug at a gig their just so damm lickable,,a fun show that rocks?..good enough for me. Mistic Rythms?..yess was from their 85 power windows,,i actually like it,,,youd probably "get it" if yu heard it thru the rest of that 80's album know what I mean?.
    The setlist...actually they left out about 8 or 9 tracks simply because they were on RIO and were ,,,sort of key to that dvd...yyz, la villa strangiato, by tor, etc ..they kind of belonged on that dvd only...so they did it more short and sweet? on this one. What about Between The Wheels?..ahhh an awsome song..one of the real highlights for me in all of their concerts Ive seen was that one, terrific and what about their light show!!..its staggering i think.....Xanadu following on from 2112 the ol double neck guitar?..great stuff...ahh welll ,thanx for the head up bud...about the easter egg il go loook now!

ciao' amigo...Baggio............

Ahhh, here's the other one (had to doa search for this one)
    From disc 2's opening menu, hit the 'Right' arrow key on your remote three times. The menu will reload with a new item, Rush Hits St. John's. Select the item to view the clip.

Advertisement