Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sheet music?

• 06-12-2005 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭

don't know if i'm posting in the right place, mod's please move if so.

i've a couple of sheet music books that are a bit of a pain in the ass when it comes to reading them as some parts of the music continues on to the next page.

what i was thinking was, wouldn't it be great if there was a company that would scan each page for you and convert it to a PDF file so it could be view on a computer and eliminate the problem of music following on to the next page.

i know there are legality issues to this, but do you reckon there would be a company that would do this?

cause i wouldn't fancy doing it myself as 100 pages is a lot of pages to scan :v:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Surely putting it onto a computer screen would only compound the problem? I mean... think of the pianists. And also, how would the music being a .PDF be any more helpful? You still have pages to change...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well it's for guitar and i play 99% of my guitar infront of a pc.

and pdf allows you to view more than one page at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Ah but the question is, does your monitor allow you to view more than one page at a time?

As far as your predicament goes, scoring software tends to scroll along with the music as it plays it, but that only plays midis and as far as I know there is no scanner than can read music. Though that would be handy... I transcribed some music into Sibelius and it wasn't fun.

no i mustn't of made it clear sorry about that, i actually don't want the computer to play the music, i just want the book in electronic format so i can read it and play the music whilst reading the music off my monitor and not have to flip pages whilst playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

I think what purplefistmixer is saying is that although you maybe able to have more than one pdf page on your screen at one time is your monitor large enough for you to be able to read the music clearly. Id guess that the most you would be able to display is two pages which really leaves you in the same predicament as the book.

• Advertisement

well i'd hope my 22inch monitor would be big enough.

Advertisement