Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers Thursday 12th January - Longstone 8pm

Options
  • 07-12-2005 3:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

Right so, since the ice-skating idea didnt exactly take off how about we do some traditional beering instead? And what better time to get merry than christmas! :p

So ladies and gents, when are your christmas exams finished and when can you go for a few christmas drinkies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

anywhere but UCD . Please for the love of God

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

You people are up very late.:p

we are stange . You peachy whats the haps? Where you thinking of having this thing. I figure its about time I show at one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

yoes....insomnia is fantastic eh?

anyhoo....since this beerage will most likely be during the christmas holidays, the venue will not be on-campus.
    The Porterhouse is always nice, but perhaps we could try somewhere else?

When would people be up for it?

(and yes Mr. Grimes, you better be in attendance!......you too MNG. if that *is* your real name)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm up later than you all. I win.

• Advertisement

Im not having another stay up all night thing to prove a point! But for the record i could stay up the longest. Porter House Tried and Tested.

How about the 20th December. 8:00pm Porter House. Upstairs. Sticky a Big Bold thread on the topic! Everyone should come.

Off Topic:
    Please support if your interested
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054859687

20th could work. Thats assuming people wont find it too close to christmas and dont mind that its a tuesday.
    I'll be working 1-10pm that day but could make an appearance afterwards.

Lets see what the unwashed masses say :)

By the time I wake this thread will probably have 50 replies and consist of a conversation about football socks. Peachy anytime suits me this December. Ill look forward to it.

17th would be good, no?

Pfft. Amateur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

17th would be good, no?

17th would be very good, yes

finish exams at 8 that night for good but wont be able to get home due to my hatred of the bus and the fact the train leaves at 7.45...so looks like i'll have to celebrate wit ye!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i'm not done until the 22nd so that's not good.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

How about the 22nd? Any takers? 23rd maybe? No?

*Grmphs at all ye feckers who finish so early. Blasted B&L.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'm not finished me exams till the 22nd either but i have none from the 16-21st so one day in there would be fine.

Here is an example of Grimes thinking outside the box

Why not organise two? With then days apart in different places. SOme may attend one, som the other and for real boards posters Both? Just an Idea

you just want an excuse to get drunk twice huh grimes (not that you need one! :p)

Hehe, yea ya raging alco!

well i have my work party on the 17th, but tbh if i miss it i wont be too sad :p

although its probably better to have it maybe after new years.... especially if most people arent finished exams til the 22nd and then some will most likely be heading back home to wherever it is they're from.

maybe something on the 5th or 6th of january?

booo noooo

Im away for new years (westport) and dunno when ill be back! :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

new years sounds like a good plan. loadsa people will have returned to the big smoke by then too.

yea, and sure we're not back until the 16th so we can do it before then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I'd say after christmas! I'll be there with (proverbial) bells on!

how about the thursday/friday before we go back?

Ah i'd be back by then so suits me fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Im in dublin over xmas so every night suits me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Anytime after new years suits me. I wouldnt be able to make the Friday before we go back though but any other day would be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

I'll go... i havent been posting much lately but i'll deffo go... any reason to drink is a valid reason...

... including, "i need dutch courage for the ride home"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yeah i think il come to one before schools starts-would be good craic and.......... you definatly won't be bored at a boards meet up!!-that should be our advertising soundbite!my advertising skills are lost in medicine:)

panda100 wrote:
    Yeah i think il come to one before schools starts-would be good craic and.......... you definatly won't be bored at a boards meet up!!-that should be our advertising soundbite!my advertising skills are lost in medicine:)

Oh panda?

okies how about the thursday before we go back? Think its the 12th.

Things may be still be christmassy and hopefully we could get a good turn out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Yeah, ill make that

Advertisement