Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anti-Rollbar Bushins

Options
  • 07-12-2005 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

I think the anti roll bar bushins are gone on my Golf MkIV. Anybody ever change these is it difficult?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Ah!! The old MkIV bushins!! They wear down after 60k miles.
    I changed mine but I've half a head of grey hair now as a result!! They're a piece of pi$$ to take off but getting the new ones back on are a different kettle of fish! Basically you'll need a long nose pliers (i think that's the spelling!). This can be used to clamp the metal strap around the new rubber bushin as you use your other hand to screw the bolt back through it. You'll probably need a socket set for this as the area around the the bushin is quite tight.
    If you're good with your hands, have a go. If not, get a qualified mechanic to do it. I presume they'd better tools to do it than I had as it took me a hour to do each one!

Advertisement