Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Time Considering Broadband for Ireland Investigation (IBB et al investigation)

• 07-12-2005 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Furhter to Irelands further slip in the broadband world league Prime Time Investigates!

Email your experinces to newsonline@rte.ie
    Topic :- Broadband Prime Time Investigates

They are considering the topic as part of thier Rip of Ireland series!

They are plaaning to disclouse the serives, cost, qulaity of same and restrictions...

Drapper

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

what IBB do not know is that a Prime Time researcher got a Ripwave unit in early October and has had lots of very televisual fun with IBB support ever since :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

This coukd be a very interesting programme :)

Hopefully some polite emails to Support were deleted unread, that would make very good telly !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I wonder if the IBB tv adverts are on RTE?

It might be good for the public to know that NTR are as bad running a broadband company as they are at running toll roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Sponge Bob wrote:
    what IBB do not know is that a Prime Time researcher got a Ripwave unit in early October and has had lots of very televisual fun with IBB support ever since :D

Oh please god...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

well thats an email from me sent. Hopefully more people will send in complants about this kinda crap.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sponge Bob wrote:

Any hope of them investigating Esats billing?:rolleyes:

dub45 wrote:
    Any hope of them investigating Esats billing?:rolleyes:

They should contact http://www.btirelandsucks.com/ maybe , its still there despite the threats from that legal secretary of theirs (and the billing is still borked :( ) .

If there were three things that stink to high heaven in BB land they are

1. IBB , cannot provide a service, delete most if not all emails to support , no humans to provide support, network and technology that simply cannot technically deliver what is advertised . Double Billing thru DD . No customer care, fraudulent advertising of that ripwave crap. Fraudulent overloading of creaky network in the full knowledge that they cannot provide the service anyway.

They are simply a disgrace to the industry .

2. Eircom line failures and state of the copper network , the highest line rental in the world but they will not fix a simple little fault so you can get BB and then there is all the split lines everywhere too.

Fraudulent coverage stats with connivance of incompetent regulator .. no way can anywhere near 70% of Irish households get a BB service fro m Eircom . Max real life availability is around 50%-55% of households allowing fro real coverage and line failures within covered areas + out of reachers.

3. BT Billing and Customer Care, legendary incompetents they are. Their technology and support works just fine though so if your bill IS accurate its plain sailing.

Those 3 items would be a great program .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

It would be great if this was to happen it might be the wakeup call that is so dearly needed to all suppliers but more importantly for me IBB.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Will have to write a nice email at work tonight........be about 10 pages long

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

This could end up being their most watched show of the year with a big boards.ie/ioffl readership spike in viewing. Id love to see esats billing exposed to the public and just the general level of c/s they provide when dealing with the issue. Lol they could end up having to do 2 shows theres that much going wrong with every company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

This is what IBB need a good kick in tha ass. If they do damage IBB they might pull their RTE TV ads so prime time might play it safe and not tell it like it is. Heres hoping they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

must get boards.ie mentioned on tv.
    and to show a browse of the broadband page on tv :D
    As for me, im sending in an email on how on repeated contact with IBB to stop trying to take money from my account, 4 months after ive canceled, ive cancelled DD aswell and they still try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Esat still want 500 euro off me for a service i canceled in january 01, they continued billing me for 10 months then slapped on a 150 fee for disconnection.

screwed my credit rating :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Oh please let it be true! Please! This would make some great TV!

I have already sent my email!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I e-mailed them my story about waiting for broadband for 3yrs and im still waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

This is what IBB need a good kick in tha ass. If they do damage IBB they might pull their RTE TV ads so prime time might play it safe and not tell it like it is. Heres hoping they do.
    That doesn't seem to bother Prime Time. This weeks show was an expose on price fixing in the motor trade, which exposed some pretty damning stuff, and they didn't seem to pull any punches.
    They weren't too bothered about the car manufacturers pulling their ads and that would be a bigger loss than IBB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 andmor

This is the best news I have heard all year. I have been threatening to have Irish Broadband exposed in the local press here in Donegal but Prime Time would obviously been a better forum.

I have emailed them a short version of our experiences with Irish Broadband. The long version would take a whole programme!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Found this on an old thread:

Jeremy Nel (IBB Executive Director) once said "I judge the excellence of a company by the quality of its product support."

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/22228/5260.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

/Nelson Haha :rolleyes:

IF it goes ahead it would be an interesting show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

damien.m wrote:
    Found this on an old thread:

Jeremy Nel (IBB Executive Director) once said "I judge the excellence of a company by the quality of its product support."

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/22228/5260.jpg

HaHaHaHaHaHa:eek:

What a joker. The man is a con-artist that will hopefully reap what he has sowed.

Yes, you've guessed it, yet another happy ex IBB customer:p

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

well i sent off my email about my 9 month drama with digiweb --- and now i've just started with ibb ( no choice ) -- oh god what is in store for me :eek: --- hopefully this programme will air

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ecodub

Ireland is falling behind other countries in regards to broadband

This is hindered by Eircom who won't let other providers access to there exchanges and lines until they have 'cherry picked' the handy BB customers.

'Antenna Type' Wireless is an option but limited coverage.

IBB 'Ripwave' looks like a good alternative for urban users but my experiences with 'Ripwave' leaves a lot to be desired with speeds slower than dial-up.

1-Way Satellite BB is a con in my opinion as user still have to connect via their landline (which is costly) to send data up to the satellite. You only get one-way BB and have 2 charges to pay plus high setup costs.

2-Way Satellite BB is an other option which is available everywhere but expensive monthly rental and very high setup costs

Thats my 2 cents worth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

Lets hope they do a PrimeTime on broadband. Its pathetic at the moment

they have to cover the wireless operators because they are rip off too and have no excuse saying that Eircon is making them charge that high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sponge Bob wrote:

Is there any truth in this!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Doubt it, who would want to watch some reporter on hold for 3 hours or waiting 5 minutes for a web page to load

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Maskhadov wrote:
    Lets hope they do a PrimeTime on broadband. Its pathetic at the moment
    There was one on BB broadcasted last year around this time.

BB required:

http://60hud.com/videos/primetime.wmv

In fairness its more about lack of broadband rollout rather than QoS

Advertisement