Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50 extension infuriation

Options
  • 07-12-2005 10:53am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭

NNNGGG.

So I want to go to the carrickmines exit if the M50 from Stillorgan Road type area.

Drive down to the Sandyford Ind Estate where there's an M50 junction.. head up to the roundabout.. what's this, you can only go Northbound? Hmm, fair enough, I guess I'll head northbound to the Dundrum exit, come off there, spin around and head south bound.

What's this? There's no bleedin' Dundrum exit heading southbound on the M50! You're stuck all the way until Firhouse/Tallaght!!

AGGGGGGGHHH.

Is there a clear map anywhere showing the M50 junctions?

I pity any tourists, the signage is woeful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

just tell yourself it could be worse .

then think ur wrong .

wait 3 years and see that it is worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

spockety wrote:
    What's this? There's no bleedin' Dundrum exit heading southbound on the M50! You're stuck all the way until Firhouse/Tallaght!!

Yeah there is!

You have to take the slip back to Leopardstown though. Well signposted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Same thing happened to me. I thought there was another slip road just after that one. Traffic was s**t that day as well just to add to my annoyance. I wont be doing that again!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

testicle wrote:
    Yeah there is!

You have to take the slip back to Leopardstown though. Well signposted.

There is no signage to indicate this ANYWHERE coming up to the Sandyford junction of the M50 as you pass Vodafone and the Hotel on your left..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

is right we were working on the big site there at carrickmines and it was a disaster trying to get back to the site from that exit, we got completely lost first time we tried to find the site and were all over dundrum

• Advertisement
Advertisement