Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary Glitter documentry

Options
  • 07-12-2005 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭

Did anybody catch this the other day? It was really odd and seemed to be very like spoof documentry the way it was done. The guy kept saying things like we are searching for "the Leader" and we gather "our gang" to go find him. They even put up a wanted poster. It was like Louis Turoex (sp) was doing it with Chris Morris very strange.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Did anybody catch this the other day? It was really odd and seemed to be very like spoof documentry the way it was done. The guy kept saying things like we are searching for "the Leader" and we gather "our gang" to go find him. They even put up a wanted poster. It was like Louis Turoex (sp) was doing it with Chris Morris very strange.
    I hope it didn't portray him in a good light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I thought it was *very* loius theouroux <sp!!> as well. treated the subject a bit flippantly imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

caimin wrote:
    I thought it was *very* loius theouroux <sp!!> as well. treated the subject a bit flippantly imo.

It really was very strange espeically coming from the BBC. I normally expect better from them even if they have an agenda. Losts of little edit tricks and word play along with a kind of joke view of all people being interviewed.

I couldn't figure out if was done that way just to try and get an interview with him or just becasue they thought people were that stupid.

Bits of it were so close to Brass Eyes Pido special it wasn't either funny or informative.

Advertisement