Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pink Motorola V220

• 07-12-2005 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

I bought one of these for my better half last month, and ever since it has been dodgy as hell with sending/receiving texts (as in it wont send/receive until you turn the phone off and on again).

Has anyone else had problems with this? If so, how did you fix it?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

that is officially the worst phone ever made. take it back to the shop and demand your money back. no matter how many new ones you get, they'll all be faulty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ah balls. I got my better half one of these for Chrimbo. Hope I kept the receipt :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Hoodle

The gf appears to love this phone, so taking it back isn't really an option as o2 have apparently run out of them.

Arse.

Hoodle wrote:
    o2 have apparently run out of them.
    Aye. This is the popular one for the girlies this year. Come January, you'll see this everywhere. Very much like 1999/2000 all over again with the 5110 :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

seamus wrote:
    Very much like 1999/2000 all over again with the 5110 :)

The Nokia 5110 was popular? :eek:

• Advertisement

Everyone had the 5110 when the first RTG packs were released :)

You don't remember?! The tacky clip-on covers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Got one of these for my better half also. It's been quite dodgy. I even got it flashed to new firmware and nothing's changed.

It sometimes doesn't ring at all... :(
    Was thinking of buying her a Pink V3 instead - but it's been voted one ofthe top Chav accessories of the year (not just the Pink version)! :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

WizZard wrote:
    It sometimes doesn't ring at all... :(
    Was thinking of buying her a Pink V3 instead - but it's been voted one ofthe top Chav accessories of the year (not just the Pink version)! :)

Yeah I saw that, the V3 alone with the iPod Shuttle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The v220 is a pathetic phone. I'd get another if I were you. It's got a decent design but its as buggy as hell and slow.

Seamus - are you sure you are right with the 5110? I remember from 1999-2000 everyone had the 3210. I knew a few people with the 5110 but all in all it was a very rare phone to see - thats in my area anyway.

I think I know someone who still uses a 5110 though....wasn't that one of the last phones to NOT feature t9 dictionary? I know the 3210 had it but I seem to remember having to manually input each letter when I temp used one for a few weeks a good few years ago.

Looks as if the better half is gonna give up the phone.

Question now is, what other pink phones are there on the market? I know of the V3 (Chav-tastic) and the VK or something on Vodafone.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

seamus wrote:
    Everyone had the 5110 when the first RTG packs were released :)

You don't remember?! The tacky clip-on covers?

:D Ha ha that was my first phone, forgot all about that....tacky or what!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Hoodle wrote:
    Looks as if the better half is gonna give up the phone.

Question now is, what other pink phones are there on the market? I know of the V3 (Chav-tastic) and the VK or something on Vodafone.

Any ideas?

siemens poppy-crap

sony ericsson j300i-basic phone but good because its SE
    SE z520i-very good for 179

Seamus - are you sure you are right with the 5110? I remember from 1999-2000 everyone had the 3210. I knew a few people with the 5110 but all in all it was a very rare phone to see - thats in my area anyway.
    Yeah, the 5110 was the 3210's predecessor. I would say that more people probably bought the 3210 in the end, but IIRC when they released the original affordable RTG packs they had the 5110, and that's pretty much all anyone bought. The 3210 came out the following summer.

SE z520i-very good for 179

Looks a pretty tasty phone...€149 on o2 online.

Advertisement