Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Music Video Opportunity

• 07-12-2005 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

Music Video Opportunity

Band wanted to collaborate on a mutually beneficial performance music video to shoot before Xmas.

This is an opportunity to work with an up and coming Irish director and renowned Irish Director of Photography.

We will supply 35mm camera equipment, lights, professional crew and black and white stock. All you need to contribute is port production costs (approx €4K).

Note you will need to have a completed track

Serious enquiries only please by PM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

bigpoppa wrote:
    All you need to contribute is port production costs (approx €4K).

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

Spicy Lauren thanks for your non-reply and for the following PM you sent me

"Howdy,

You are right, I know nothing about film production.
    However I am a musician and was genuinely interested until I saw the price.
    Your post is not an 'opportunity' for bands. It is pure advertisement, which I believe is not allowed on Boards.ie

Try and post this up in the bands/musicians section and see if you get a better response but I doubt it very much.

Lauren"

We are doing this for zero profit. We supply camera kit / stock / crew / lights all for nothing. The only cost the band will incur is post production and if they have contacts who can do it for less then great.

We are talking super 35mm here with people who have worked on U2 Videos and this is strictly for showreel purposes. This is not a scam or an ad. We will not profit.

Hope that makes sense and look forward to proper replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

bigpoppa wrote:
    We are doing this for zero profit. We supply camera kit / stock / crew / lights all for nothing. The only cost the band will incur is post production and if they have contacts who can do it for less then great.

We are talking super 35mm here with people who have worked on U2 Videos and this is strictly for showreel purposes. This is not a scam or an ad. We will not profit.
    Thanks for clarifying that.

Working with 35mm certainly isn't cheap.

Do you want to give some idea of what costs the band will actually be covering for the €4000?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

super 35mmmmmm..
    <drools>
    i guess 4k is actually not too pricey for a band in a position where they can actually afford this and are at a stage in their career where they would need this.
    saying that.if its useless concept 35mm aint gona save anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

Morning!

4K is what it would cost to post the project. This is actual (non marked up) costs I have got from post houses in Dublin. You need to add to that the development costs of the film in the UK.

Basically if someone has contacts who can post it for nothing then this is a completely free music video. I have a professional crew who all work on tv / features who want to do a music video for a showreel. I have Kodak Black and White stock and will arrange a full Super 35mm kit plus full lighting kit and transport.

To be clear this is for showreel. If anyone is serious about this I am happy to meet up and discuss. I can even show you a test commercial we recently shot on Super 35.

Hope this clarifies things!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I'd advise you to hit some record labels with this idea. I'm sure if they have a band that's going to have a video shot soon they wouldn't mind getting experienced crew for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

A bit confused here.

This is the film production forum? If your looking for a band shouldnt this be posted in the musicians section (or something similar, i dont know, i'm filmmaker not a musician goddamnit!)?

Unless your also offering PA/Crew opportunities as well? Which would be nice for some of the members of this forum, give hands on experiance with 35mm and proper lighting (only worked with 16mm myself.)

(i am very behind on this topic.)

Advertisement