Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing via a Dealer?

Options
  • 07-12-2005 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a new gun, but they have no Irish distributor. The shop I would have gone to have one brought in specially is now closed down.

I am looking for a recommendation for a gun dealer in the Kildare/Dublin area who is happy to bring in guns that he wouldn't normally stock (ie does not see this as an opportunity to gouge a customer).

Thanks

AF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭bernard93

Hi AF,

if you dont mind me asking what are you looking to get?

it could be a lot easier to bring it in yourself?

bernard

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭airy-fairy

The gun is a Daystate airgun. Nothing exciting but not stocked by anyone.

I thought that even if i went the "get an import licence and bring it in myself route" it still had to be delivered to a registered dealer?

Am I wrong? Is it more straight forward than I am led to believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Yep, it can be delivered to you directly, no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I have a logun MKII pro and that took bout 3 months to order. I'm from munster though and I didn't bring it in myself got a gun shop owner in Limerick to get it for me!!!

Advertisement