Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boardsie

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

its quite obvious he is copying the place ****, why not forumrejects.com

why not be original.
    btw beat, your a spoilt kid :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Sparky-s wrote:
    its quite obvious he is copying the place ****

why not be original.
    btw beat, your a spoilt kid :)

pssst this isnt the thunderdome. . .:v:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

People like that derserve to be banned...But on some forums you get the moderators who goes on power trips & get all excited because they have a few more buttons on thier screens than the ordinary joe soap. That is why we are going so well here.We give the members what they want.We dont make you beg for forums & we don't make you beg to be allowed access to forums as if they were some sort of private members club.You do it right & people behave.....

What a guy... He's suddenly figured out the secret to internet Utopia. No one will be abusive there, no one will troll, no one will spam.
    This my friends, is the future...[/sarcasm]

the future you say?

please, shoot me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

We should move in now, so we can be l33t 2005 members!

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    I am not concerned about these muppets at all beyond possibly duping people into thinking they are us, briefly.

I do find it amusing that they hate us so much yet are slavishly copying just about everything we've done.

Oh and as for their intentions of never having a row about moderation, I can't wait to see that :)

Anyway like I said, I don't think we really need to worry about them its a blatant cheap "passing off" attempt.

DeV.

Oh and as for their intentions of never having a row about moderation, I can't wait to see that

Oh ye of little faith! Do you not believe in the power of positive thinking? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Beller wrote:
    But on some forums you get the moderators who goes on power trips & get all excited because they have a few more buttons on thier screens than the ordinary joe soap.

Isn't that the problem really? I mean I was going for "Add this user to my buddy list" the other day, but then I saw that there was a "Ban this user!" option just below it... :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Anone see that thread, hope no kids saw it!! It was rather stomach churning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note, http://www.google.ie/search?q=boardsie&hl=en&hs=9Vi&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official_s&start=0&sa=N

I suspect this is him on dublin.ie http://www.dublin.ie/forums/member.php?userid=1408

DeV, I was there on the day Gambler registered afterhours.ie it wasn't a case of passing off like this one. Most of the users would be personally known to him.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote:
    Anyway like I said, I don't think we really need to worry about them its a blatant cheap "passing off" attempt.

DeV.

ah well, if you are not worried then I wont be...sure you know more about it than I do ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

ha!
    As part of my l337 ninja skillz I managed to infiltrate the forums as a covert-ops.

When I checked my covert-op mail account (it's different to a regular mail account) today I saw this:
    **** wrote:
    We have recently moved our forum to vBulletin, part of moving to this
    amazing software is that you are required to reset your password, if you
    follow this link and enter your email address you will be emailed
    directions to resetting your password.

http://www.example.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw

That's right ladies and gents, we're dealing with vbulletin pro's here.

As a side note, it was only 2 emails later that I actually recieved the correct link.

Covert ninja communication over.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

BEAT wrote:
    ah well, if you are not worried then I wont be...sure you know more about it than I do ;)
    We have exceptoinally nasty lawyers. Regi feeds them raw meat and even Ecksor is scared of them. But this is flash in the pan material. Anyone fooled by this is someone we may not have wanted here to begin with and if they actually damage us in some way... see aforementioned lawyers.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

They hijacked my thread and all :confused: Good work clearing it up quickly:)

DeVore wrote:
    We have exceptoinally nasty lawyers. Regi feeds them raw meat and even Ecksor is scared of them. But this is flash in the pan material. Anyone fooled by this is someone we may not have wanted here to begin with and if they actually damage us in some way... see aforementioned lawyers.

DeV.

eggggcellent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I'm going to join that site and lobby the admin (singular) to let me set up a board for the discussion of alcohol. It shall be called the Dutch Gold board. And my nick shall be MinesaDutchGold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I must say, the boards.ie take over of the internet looks possible at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Can I run the homeless, but self-confident, drink-driver sub-forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I must say, the boards.ie take over of the internet looks possible at this stage
    says the guy pimping boardsIE on a different site

hmm?

They seem to be positively discriminating against those with an iron fist. Shame on them for repressing peoples dictatorial urges!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

says the guy pimping boardsIE on a different site

hmm?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i see ratboy is member. maybe it's set up to house all the banned people off boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

patrick = phoneexpo

Advertisement