Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

my car has died

Options
  • 07-12-2005 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

My little banger - 92 citreon ax- died the other day- something to do with the electrics - as in the engine won't even turn over anymore.

Not much point spending money on it to fix it - as nct ran out in August, have had no tax on it since sept and insurance ran out the day it happened.

Question is what the hell do i do with it now- will a garage take it for part or what's the story - can u still trade them in?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I'll bury it for you.:) I think you can probably trade it in or else take it to a scrapyard but you might have to pay them to take it about 80 to 100 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

First off, sorry for your troubles.

I can't see anyone wanting the car if it's not running tbh, if you did get it running then you could perhaps send it to the auctions or the buy and sell.

If you just want rid of it I'd suggest maybe ring some of the local breakers and see if they'll come and take it away.

I think the local council would probably remove it too if it's on a public road, not sure if they charge for the service.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you do do the dirty thing and leave it on the side of a public road, make sure you remove the plates and anything else that could identify you as the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

report it stolen and have someone burn it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

If anyone ever has the same situation with a fiat bravo . Ill take that off their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

elexes wrote:

Do not do that! Phone you local authority and find out if they have a car dumping facility, a number of them do have these days.

Mike.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Stephen wrote:
    If you do do the dirty thing and leave it on the side of a public road, make sure you remove the plates and anything else that could identify you as the owner.
    There will still be a chassis number in at least one place on the car and also the engine number is recorded AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

elexes wrote:

AGREED!!....thats what you should do

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

If you're in south dublin...

From the council web site..

"Collection of old and abandoned cars

Don’t dump that old car. You’ll destroy the local environment. The Environmental Services Department arranges the removal of abandoned / burnt out cars and will also collect your old car if requested. There is now a collection fee of €50 for private cars.

Remember - just phone us at 4149199."

Advertisement