Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romero's Dead Series (possible spoilers)

Options
  • 07-12-2005 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

Was watching Land of the Dead the other night, not a bad movie .... but afterwards there was one thing that struck me, inflation.

When Cholo is looking for money from Dennis Hopper, he only requests 2 million, but surely, in the thirty odd years since the zombies first appeared in night of the dead inflation would have been rampant! It would've been worse than soviet russia ... 2 million would've been barely worthless, probably equal to a few hundred in real terms.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well honestly, Fiddler's Green was completely self inclusive, so whatever their currency is worth, it's only relevant to them. We've also got to take into account that we've no idea what kind of banking systems exist there, and I'd imagine that such a small self-contained society, money could be whatever the powers deem it to be worth, or if the sense of worth was simply static from when the outbreak begun.

It's also worth noting that George Romero has said that there is no set timeframe his films take place in, so it's not nessicerally 30 odd years since the whole shebang begun.

I think it's all vague enough to suspend disbelief.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

ALso I believe they mentioned how much that winabego cost to build wasent some huge amout of money either. I think it was alll relative.

Advertisement