Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sf players vs non sf players

Options
  • 07-12-2005 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

me and a friend were talking in work the other day about this , he has the opinion thats its unfair and basically forces ppl to buy the SF add on to make people competitive , however i disagree because i find it much more a challenge, example the other night on a server these german guys were really good with their new weapons and kept using their rapid fire granade launcher on their f2000 (right gun?!) i kept getting kill until i found out what they were using and had to change my strategy to kill them, lots o fun!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Definate sneaky ploy by EA, yer right with the F2,000. Have SF anyway but do agree it's unfair on d'others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Rapid fire grenade launcher?
    Has the same rate of fire as the normal assault weapon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Yeah Jim but its called the "F2000" so it must be quicker.

Fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Havent been playing bf2 in a while due to a friend in galway mistakenly taking my cd at the last midlans, but sf mixing with normal bf2 that just isnt right and is a bit f**kin stupid if u ask me, money grabbing ea b***ards....

Its totaly unfair on people like me who cant afford it...

Tbh, I don't really find any of the SF weapons "better" than the standard BF2. Its like the unlocks, everyone assumed they must be better guns but imo they're just different rather than better. Only benefit you really get from SF is the flashbangs.

Ak-101 is still the best gun imo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

not so..the medic gun (g36e) is a massive improvement and is easily as good as the g36c...gives you a way better chance now in a firefight..
    and of course the MP7 for the eng...now this is the gun to have in cqc..absolutely rocks and doesn't give the enemy a chance..i went up again 3 soldiers together in a house and came out the victor..last guy i needed to finish him off with the pistol as i had'n time to change clips..definitely an improvement over the shotgun plus you can snipe with the single shot mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I dont think thats the way they planned it, SF maps suck serisouly 2 of them maybe would get a rotation on a server the rest just plain suck, so most SF players are heading to BF2 servers with those big ass guns and taking it out on those who dont have SF.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Agreed SF mostly just sucks, some of the crazy night maps you cant see two infront of you and end up walking off cliffs etc if you dont know your way.

I liked the idea of SF but the reality is lacking, IMO it should be like they show you in the video, where you really have to use the new stuff (Grapple, Zip, Flash etc) to achieve objectives. Maybe the Intro video hyped it up too much for me...

As KdjaC said, its just simply not as much fun as regular BF 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Auto gernade launcher? Eh......

Been playin SF since it came out and didn't notice this. :):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Well I wasnt going to buy SF. Was going to leave until after Xmas when money wouldnt be as tight but once I heard about players on normal BF2 having the weapons I had to buy to make sure I wasn't at a disadvantage. I know the weapons are not supposed to be any better but I find some of them more accurate.

Anyway some of the city maps are ok but the night map are pretty s**t. Especially the one with the cliff. Cant see a bloody thing and next thing bang ur off the cliff. Still cant find how to open gate on that map either which is a pain. Anyway have just been playing SF since it came out but had enough and heading back to the World of normal BF2...see you online later!

• Advertisement

The intro video isnt BF tho, its some sort of Tom Clancy type game. Bf is about big maps with vehicles and chaos. Trying to coordinate it like that is mental.

Gulf of Oman when flags start going all over the map is the most fun you can have with a pc :D (unless your stuck on the boat then it just sucks)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

it is just a ploy by EA to get more people to buy it. You can pick up the weapons after you kill someone, but thats not the same as just being able to plough into the map with them from the word go. Its a money grabbing exercise by EA. Want these fancy new weapons? Want to increase your E-penis stat size? Well buy this hastily rushed out expansion pack, just in time for christmas! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

On that map with the cliff, you open the gate from the inside. their is a box with a lever on the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

it is just a ploy by EA to get more people to buy it. You can pick up the weapons after you kill someone, but thats not the same as just being able to plough into the map with them from the word go. Its a money grabbing exercise by EA. Want these fancy new weapons? Want to increase your E-penis stat size? Well buy this hastily rushed out expansion pack, just in time for christmas! :rolleyes:

and what expansion pack is not a money grabbing exercise by its maker?

i've never seen an expansion pack that wasn't.

ghost26ie wrote:
    and what expansion pack is not a money grabbing exercise by its maker?

i've never seen an expansion pack that wasn't.

OP Flashpoints exp packs were good value.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    I dont think thats the way they planned it, SF maps suck serisouly 2 of them maybe would get a rotation on a server the rest just plain suck, so most SF players are heading to BF2 servers with those big ass guns and taking it out on those who dont have SF.

kdjac
    Personal preference.

I much prefer the SF maps to the normal BF2 ones. Theres only 1 SF map I don't like, and although I don't like night vision I do think they night maps make good maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

So SF players can play against regular BF players on BF maps with SF weapons?
    Thats a bit ****e tbh. Does the "same version" and "same mod" filter options on the internet game browser not stamp out that kind carry on?

So can regular BF players play on SF levels?

Scruff wrote:
    So SF players can play against regular BF players on BF maps with SF weapons?
    Thats a bit ****e tbh. Does the "same version" and "same mod" filter options on the internet game browser not stamp out that kind carry on?

So can regular BF players play on SF levels?
    To be exact the SF players must earn unlocks when playing SF (not 100% sure how this is based, promotions etc..). When you get an unlock you get to choose from about 4 SF kits to unlock so you can use them in regular BF2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

To be exact the SF players must earn unlocks when playing SF (not 100% sure how this is based, promotions etc..). When you get an unlock you get to choose from about 4 SF kits to unlock so you can use them in regular BF2.

Based on the points you have already racked up. I got 3-4 unlocks straight away as soon as I logged in SF. Can't remember if 3 or 4 unlocks I got

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

i got 3 weapon unlocks straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭IG-Calibre

i'm with Jimeatsmenu ak47/101 FTW

Advertisement