Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface call quality using softphone and usb phone

• 07-12-2005 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭

I'm a skype user but i have set up a trial account with blueface, using their xlite phone and a usb phone. I find the call quality fair and not as good as skypeout using the same usb phone, is blueface just better with ATA rather than softphone technology?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Nuttzz wrote:
    I'm a skype user but i have set up a trial account with blueface, using their xlite phone and a usb phone. I find the call quality fair and not as good as skypeout using the same usb phone, is blueface just better with ATA rather than softphone technology?

I tried ATA and Softphone. ATA is much better. About as good as PSTN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭dubadubdub

paulm17781 wrote:
    I tried ATA and Softphone. ATA is much better. About as good as PSTN.

Agree completely - I found the softphone quite variable, ATA is way better.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Personally I found the ATA better although it does depend on the type of phone your using.
    But in saying that the Softphone should still give you a good idea of the type of quality you will expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

I use a softphone with a usb handset and I find the quality no different to my pap2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Ive had poor results with softphone + usb phone on blueface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

my experience with blueface, calls using ATA are much more better (pstn like) than using x-lite or other softphones. althou i tried many times tweaking wt x-lite settings with blueface support team's help.

no hassle with blueface since almost 1 year with them, other than my internet connection has been giggling lately (i blame the takeover process of ntl). on the other hand, blueface support is golden class. thanks to aaron and his team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hiphopynonmous

The X-Lite is quite flakey but since i got the ATA, its been great. The quality is PSTN quality, sometimes like a mobile call but i blame my internet connection for that one :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

I used a softphone during my one week trial. I wasn't very impressed but carried on and got an ata. It was much better, mostly pstn quality, occasionally some echo.
    However, this week I have been away and used a softphone on my laptop, calling home everyday over both ethernet & wireless, and I have been very pleased. I am using a good headset as against speakers and mic I tested with at the start, so that might make the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

I used a softphone during my one week trial. I wasn't very impressed but carried on and got an ata. It was much better, mostly pstn quality, occasionally some echo.
    However, this week I have been away and used a softphone on my laptop, calling home everyday over both ethernet & wireless, and I have been very pleased. I am using a good headset as against speakers and mic I tested with at the start, so that might make the difference.

Advertisement