Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed

Options
  • 07-12-2005 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Building a house electrician was out Monday told him what I wanted and he has the chasing done now the plaster is in tomorrow. What I have basically is two living rooms and Kitchen ( living room1 and kitchen have fireplace and I want to put in sockets for flat panel tvs) All the tv poijnts are running from the other living room where I planned to have digi box installed) cable distance 15Mtr from digi box to 2 fireplace TVs
    I didn’t realise that a flat panel tv needs scart at least to get decent signal form the sky box.

I am not going with a HDTV so scart should do.

What I plan doing is run a 3phono from sitting room 1 and Kitchen ( both on the middle of the fireplace) to the attic then another from the other living room up.
    Would I be better off placing my digibox in the attic and scarting to the three rooms to have a better signal strength or is that mad.
    if I have the digi box in one of the living rooms and run scart to the attic and split the signal to the two fireplace tvs would I loose much signal. Also have two normal "corner" tv points 1 in kitchen other in living room ( with fireplace points) I am thinking splitting the co-ax signal form the digi box to these points.

I know this make s no sense but any advice appreciated

Advertisement