Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDowell's attack on Frank Connolly

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Well at least he left the sticks, iron pipes, barbed wire, kneecappings and padre pios out of it unlike SFIRA.

And the relevance of that little soap box rant is what exactly?
    I imagine that doesnt affect people living in the mainland UK all that much though.

If you are going to try and make a snide comment, try getting it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Squaletto

Sand wrote:
    Well at least he left the sticks, iron pipes, barbed wire, kneecappings and padre pios out of it unlike SFIRA. I imagine that doesnt affect people living in the mainland UK all that much though.

He was asked a question and answered it based on the intelligence available to him. TBH, McDowell is a hero and true patriot defending the institutions of the republic from mafia scum who refuse to even refer to this country by its proper name. McDowell or the people who planned and carried out atrocities like Warrington? Not a tough choice tbh.

Please, get off the high horse. SFIRA are blatantly displaying their hypocrisy on the OTR issue. Apparently only provo scum should qualify, scum in the British security forces shouldnt. Is it that SFIRA expect higher standards from their scum or from the security forces? As for the PSNI, SFIRA continuosly remind us of the need to "move on" and the need for "dialogue" but they cant get over joining the policing board. They need to take their own medicine before preaching to anyone else.

When youre ready to vote for your local Mafia candidate then youll be in a position to advise Irish people to vote for SFIRA. Until then youre treating every Irish person with contempt, arguing they deserve less from their public representitives than you do.

Sand, you should learn to treat other posters with the respect you so dearly want to be treated with yourself. I wonder if the moderators really take a fair view to these threads, talk about a rant and snide remarks.

I started the thread so that people would debate not throw insults around at each other.
    What a joke your rant is though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Well at least he left the sticks, iron pipes, barbed wire, kneecappings and padre pios out of it unlike SFIRA
    I don't see the relevance of what terrorist organisations do to what standards goverments should act by.

Seperate your obvious hatred of republicans for a sec. Specifically on the role of the minister for justice politicising criminal cases that have not received due process. do you have a problem with that. Everyone in the country thinks the man is guilty. he's practically lost his job (no funding). But hasn't even being charged with anything. Isn't there something wrong with that? Especially from a minister for justice.
    McDowell or the people who planned and carried out atrocities like Warrington? Not a tough choice tbh.
    Do you take the point that it's not a choice?
    He was asked a question and answered it based on the intelligence available to him.
    No he took the opportunity to ruin this mans reputation basing his opinions on private documents that the DPP appears to think doesnt warrant a case.

For example any criminal case that doesnt proceed past the DPP. ie the person is innocent and free to go. Should McDowell, our minister for justice be then allowed to pursue the accused in public and turn his community against him, and try to ruin his life. Is that not the point of the criminal system or should our minister for justice be allowed to be a law unto himself.

take the example of somebody accused of robbery for example (i know your blinkers come on with anything republican related). If the DPP decides this person doesnt have a case to answer. Should our minister for justice be allowed using his acces to case evidence be allowed to preach from the pulpit and condem this accused person in a public forum anyways?

Squaletto wrote:
    I started the thread so that people would debate not throw insults around at each other.
    What a joke your rant is though!!!
    Ah now, you arent too bad at bad rants and insults yourself.
    I suggest we give these nordie threads a rest for a while-they're a pain to moderate.
    Circles wagons same posters same old etc etc

A nice new fresh thread on NI with a different and innovative angle would be grand and without the obvious digs at the opposing posters.

Sand wrote:
    I imagine that doesnt affect people living in the mainland UK all that much though.
    Obvious digs like that at other posters and not their posts will incur a months ban.
    Do not let me see it again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement