Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipods, mp3s and the likes

Options
  • 07-12-2005 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

right so - this is what I want to know....

there is an ipod transmitter and you can basically send out a signal and pick it up on your stereo downstairs or in your car or where ever.

Do any of the others offer this... creative zen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Yep, you can get iTrips for any mp3 player. There are third-party ones available that work on most, find them and find one that works for yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭spahndirge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

are they illegal? i have one and am always told they are? they wouldnt be strong enough to drain out a licensed broadcast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭spahndirge

Mossy Monk wrote:
    are they illegal? i have one and am always told they are? they wouldnt be strong enough to drain out a licensed broadcast

An mp3 transmitter doesn't have a large range, so it is for personal use. If you broadcast an album to an audience, that is illegal, but listening to it in your car or home is personal use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Technically yes, but as you said it's not like they're gonna interfere with anythin so nobody really gives a sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

spahndirge wrote:
    An mp3 transmitter doesn't have a large range, so it is for personal use. If you broadcast an album to an audience, that is illegal, but listening to it in your car or home is personal use.

It's illegal for personal or commercial use.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It won't travel all the way downstairs I don't think:confused:

To answer your question anyway, yes, anything with a 3.5 headphone jack can use one:)

Advertisement