Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable

• 07-12-2005 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get one of these?

I've tried Game on Henry Street, Gamestop on Liffey Street and Smyths on Jervis Street and none of them have them or know when they'll be getting them in stock.

Both play.com and sendit.com are out of stock too.

I can understand how they didn't have enough consoles to go around on the launch date, but small stuff like this should be available.

It's bad enough that the console doesn't come with HDMi or DVi support.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I seen them in the Xtra vison down the road from James hostpital. (just down from the Back gates to the Guinness bury)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Hmm... I didn't think of Xtravision. I might try some of the local ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

There's one going on eBay for £160! :eek:

Is this one on Amazon? They've other ones too, some 3rd party not in stock until the 16th, and others not shipped until after Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Macker515

I'm bought this to use on a 2005 Dell monitor but have to say the picture is not as good as the component output.....a little washed out when I connected the two on my projector....if you have the option of using the
    component connection I'd save your money for a game and going by the prices some places are charging (Game) you'll need it.
    I got my games in Xtravision and Smyths and saved 30euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Does this allow you do HD on a standard monitor then?

• Advertisement

Macker515 wrote:
    I'm bought this to use on a 2005 Dell monitor but have to say the picture is not as good as the component output.....a little washed out when I connected the two on my projector....if you have the option of using the
    component connection I'd save your money for a game and going by the prices some places are charging (Game) you'll need it.
    I got my games in Xtravision and Smyths and saved 30euro!
    Well my HDTV only has a DVi input on it, so I can't use the component lead. So not only do I need the VGA cable, I also need a VGA => DVi adapter.

play.com has one listed at £11.99... but it's out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

game in blanch had them yesterday - also you cant buy them from play.com - they will only sell cds/dvds/games etc but willl not sell accessories or electrical goods of any kind outside the uk - ive tried before but the items will be deleted from your order when you go through checkout - no matter how small the electrical good is

I've bought accessories from play.com before. I think I even got my GBA SP off them.

It's only their gadgets section that I've found to be off limits.

Well... play.com came through for me in the end.

They shipped The Joytech VGA HD Cable to me on Wednesday, so hopefully I'll have it next week if the postman is doing his job.

Pretty good value at just £11.99 as it comes with a built in optical cable for 5.1 sound.

Oh.. they're showing up as out of stock still, so they still mustn't have enough in. Still I reckon it's worth your while placing an order for one with them so that you are on the list. There's a big difference between £11.99 and the €30 they are in the shops here and the prices of up to €100 they are going for on eBay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I've got the DELL W2600 26", what would be the best way to hook up my XBOX 360 to this TV?
    Component, VGA or?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

i tried local gamestop, xtra-vision, hmv and an independant game stor today, no luck for VGA :o got my play and charge though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

I've tried everywhere for a VGA cable. None around. Just bit the bullet and ordered off play there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭biofreak

You can get a Xbox 360 VGA AV Cable for £16.99 which is €21 here.

biofreak wrote:
    You can get a Xbox 360 VGA AV Cable for £16.99 which is €21 here.
    eh.... it says "usually dispatched within 2 to 3 months."

That's not much use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

we never received any in in Dawson st at all.

my local gamestop/xtra vision, had displays and xtra vision ACTUAL proper boxes, (i cud tell cause they had been slit open by a knife to remove the cable, and use the box as a display) but they had none left- "after christmas" i was told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

How about here? The Japanese aren't exactly enamoured with the 360... :p

Sheesh... $44.90.... they know how to charge for them anyway.

third party, but its good price, and gets the job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Maybe I was just really lucky when I got mine off Ebay for €27 inc del...
    OK so it was 'won' on the 3rd (dec) and it was sent on the 9th so had to wait a few days but it works fine!
    Cant believe the price's I see now on Ebay, it's madness don't pay it, after Xmas when every shop has them you may be regretting it big time.

• Advertisement

Well... play.com came through for me in the end.

They shipped The Joytech VGA HD Cable to me on Wednesday, so hopefully I'll have it next week if the postman is doing his job.

Pretty good value at just £11.99 as it comes with a built in optical cable for 5.1 sound.

Oh.. they're showing up as out of stock still, so they still mustn't have enough in. Still I reckon it's worth your while placing an order for one with them so that you are on the list. There's a big difference between £11.99 and the €30 they are in the shops here and the prices of up to €100 they are going for on eBay.

Just curious, how long was it between placing the order, and them confirming it was in the post?

Just curious, how long was it between placing the order, and them confirming it was in the post?
    About a week. I guess they didn't get enough in stock to cover their orders even then though as it never showed up as being in stock, I think they just shipped as many as they had and I just got lucky.

I just stuck an order in there just in case I wasn't able to find one elsewhere and luckily it payed off... That said I haven't received it yet... bloody post....

Same with me. I've made an order on the site, but I'm still trying to find one around town. To no avail.

I'm going to be plugging it into my pc monitor, so how will the sound part work, will I have to buy some sort of sound system. All I have are two fairly basic speakers

Well it also comes with Stereo Phono cables
    741485m.jpg
    Pretty much any decent stereo system should be able to take them in. You can also get an adapter to bring those down to a single stereo jack. Do your speakers have any sort of input on them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep, unless your monitor has inputs and built in speakers your looking at a new amp/speakers (or connect to your pc input?). but then the sound to me is sooooo good with a 5.1 set up I feel you are really missing out big time without it.

I haven't a clue regards this, can somebody show me a pair of nice cheap enough speakers I could get that would work with this

if your not going for a proper, optical 5.1 system, and you just wanna neat little pair of stereo speakers, these ones are nice, for either side of the monitor.

cheers man, just ordered them. Not a bad price

yeah, there a nice set, advised my cousin to get them too, he wont be able to play his 360 till xmas :D but when he does, he'll use the VGA cable to connect to his monitor, and the 2 RCA sound cables to this system, he didnt wanna break the bank either.

• Advertisement

Got an email off play today. My orders in the post. Coming up as out of stock on their site, so again they mustn't have got enough in to cover pre-orders

Got an email off play today. My orders in the post. Coming up as out of stock on their site, so again they mustn't have got enough in to cover pre-orders
    Ah... good stuff.

Mine still hasn't arrived in the post... I was really hoping I'd have it before Christmas... booo!

Advertisement