Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

video on the new ipod

Options
  • 07-12-2005 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

anyone know how to convert dvds and mpgs etc so i can transfer them to my ipod?
    i'm a total noob when it comes to ipods :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I tried that program and converted a few videos but they still won't download to my Ipod when I try to copy and paste them into it. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Lemlin wrote:
    Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Yeah, it all started when you bought the ipod :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Lemlin wrote:
    I tried that program and converted a few videos but they still won't download to my Ipod when I try to copy and paste them into it. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Make sure you select the correct H.264 settings. The converter will convert to many formats, only a few of which are compatible with the iPod.

Do you not have to upload videos using itunes, like you do with music?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ro-76 wrote:
    Make sure you select the correct H.264 settings. The converter will convert to many formats, only a few of which are compatible with the iPod.

I am but they're still not going onto it. Whenever I copy them from my library and then select the Ipod to paste them, there is no option to pase, like their is with music.

Yeah, it all started when you bought the ipod

Didn't your Mammy ever tell ya: if you've nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all ;)

Ah no, its my girlfriend's. I hate the things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I recently did this.
    I put them in the video folder in iTunes, and then sync'd the iPod... and that was all...

You might need to update iTunes to get the Video folder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

I use Handbrake, but thats only for mac.

Advertisement