Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Cale

Options
  • 07-12-2005 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hey, just heard Paris 1919 for the first time, and was wondering is his stuff similar to this? From what I know of the velvet underground I'd be surprised, but thought I might give it a look into. Its a class song anyway, well worth a listen if you've never heard it before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cheap sheep

john cale is a ****ing legend! paris 1919 and vintage violence are classic, much better than some of the ****e lou reed made.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

His stuff has changed a lot throughout the years but remains distinctly Cale. I found him mostly a bit boring after VU but Vintage Violence and Paris 1919 as cheap sheep said are great. Some of the other albums he's done are pretty good too but some are a bit meh. Songs For Drella with Lou Reed is incredible. If you like his parts in VU search for his stuff from before VU with the Dream Syndicate, it's very eerie and weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I think Sabotage and Church of Anthrax (with Terry Riley) are great albums (Those and Paris 1919 and Vintage Violence get the most plays by me). The Island Years Anthology is a collection worth picking up too IMO.
    And like John2 said, try to get a listen to some of the Dream Syndicate stuff, not exactly catchy melodies but interesting none the less :)

Advertisement