Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I cancel IBB ripwave?

Options
  • 07-12-2005 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Quick question for those who have already escaped from IBB - NTL are installing next week - do IBB accept email or phone cancellations or do I have to write? Am I expected to return their piece of junk myself, if so is there somewhere I can just drop it in?

Gavin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

gavjd wrote:
    Quick question for those who have already escaped from IBB - NTL are installing next week - do IBB accept email or phone cancellations or do I have to write? Am I expected to return their piece of junk myself, if so is there somewhere I can just drop it in?

Gavin.

the word Bin comes to mind.............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Instruct your bank to stop the Direct Debit!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

dont drop, throw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭steve-o

You need to contact them and they'll send out a courier to collect it. When I say "contact" I really mean phone, because they'll ignore emails or any support requests that you log on the website. Don't attempt to return it any other means because that will confuse them and they'll continue to DD you (if you haven't cancelled your DD). I speak from painful experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

They truly are lebigates (SP?). I cancelled about two weeks ago, I expected your wan to put up a fight. She didn't.

I got a call last week from their customer retention team. He asked me why I was leaving. Took me about ten minutes to list off all the reasons. I told him they had an "atrocious" service and that their company was "horrible" to deal with. (Actual words I used).

I also told him that the antenna was broken off the modem. I explained that this was acceptable wear and tear as the modem had to be perched so precariously as to receive a signal. He didn't even try to fight me on that one.

He just said a courier will be out to collect it. I had to get the fuppin thing delivered to my parent's house because I wouldn't be there for the courier. Now he tells me that a courier will collect it? Not likely m8, there's no one there!!! Their problem, not mine. DD is cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

I am moving house this week to a rural area so i decided to have a quick look on how to get rid of my ripwave. Saw this on their website

http://www.irishbroadband.ie/pdf/RipwaveTermsAndConditions.pdf

5.3 All cancellation notices must be sent in writing to Irish Broadband, Unit 6, Sandyford Business Centre,
    Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18 and the notice will be treated as given on the day it was delivered to the
    above address if sent by post or the date the email or the fax was sent to the specified address.

5.6 The Minimum Subscription Period for this Service is six months. The Subscriber shall have the right to terminate
    this Agreement after the Minimum Subscription Period by giving Irish Broadband thirty days notice in writing. The
    Subscriber must pay the Subscription up to the end of that thirty day notice period.

5.8 On termination or expiry of this Agreement for whatever reason, the Subscriber shall ensure that the Equipment
    is returned to Irish Broadband (in its original packaging, and with any associated equipment and documentation)
    in good working order and condition, fair wear and tear excepted. Failure to return the Equipment in good
    working order shall result in a charge of €175 (one hundred and seventy five Euro) plus 21% VAT levied against
    the Subscriber.

Well I soppose i have no problem with the 6 month bit as i have suffered with the thing for over a year now. I wonder how much that thing is going to cost me to post up from Cork. I see somebody got a courier to collect theirs... I hope i can find the documentation that came with that. I still have the box off it. I would be seriously annoyed if i ended up paying 175 euro plus vat for that thing. I would feel that i would have got better value out of getting my car towed off a double yellow line for 160!

I have to call my bank too? You mean i cant just trust these guys to stop taking my money? I think i have to write to them to cancel a direct debit.

The joys of moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

well, i wouldnt worry about 5,6 minumum subscription of 6 months for the service,
    just tell them you havent been getting the service(like many others) so it should not be an issue cancelling it, sounds like they are used to hearing it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

surely if theres no contract, and you stop using it but they keep invoicing you they have no means to get the payment because theres no contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I don't think he'll be too pleased with you giving out his number to the world, even if you aren't a shill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ok so Clearwire is more expensive and isn't really a service for P2P (Illegal downloads) but it works really well and gives you the service it promises. The guy's number is *******and his name is ****. And no I am not on commission, just doin my duty:)

Clearwire is a POS but marginally better than Ripwave . You forgot to mention while you were pimping your POS that you guys have crap terms and conditions and that your contract is 24 months and that your support and accounts department are complete rubbish and that you have a policy of never calling anybody back , except for sales calls of course .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I don't think he'll be too pleased with you giving out his number to the world, even if you aren't a shill.

Don't worry, it's David_C2388's number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Ok so Clearwire is more expensive and isn't really a service for P2P (Illegal downloads) but it works really well and gives you the service it promises. The guy's number is ******** and his name is ****. And no I am not on commission, just doin my duty:)

Excuse me, Mr Clearwire. I'll grant you that the majority of P2P is illegal but don't tar ALL P2P with the illegal brush. There are many current LEGAL P2P applications in use today.

POS indeed. Why to Clearwire throttle and block ports and not admit it on support calls?

POS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

My mate has Clearwire and he's happy with it.

You can use port 80 for P2P with the right software anyway. I don't know if clearwire have protection against this. I'm sure its probably against their terms of use anyway.

My friend never tried because he doesn't need P2P for anything.

Also been honest about it, I'd rather have reasonable broadband and not have access to P2P than no broadband or broadband with high contention ratio's and end up not being able to get the train timetable fast enough because someone needs Paris Hiltons sex tape or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

BBC, Sky and others use P2P for video distribution. Also is used for Linux ISO distribution. Only most P2P is illegal downloads :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

David_C2388, posting details belonging to any member of staff of any company is out of order.

If people want to get signal tests done then they should use the proper channels for such things.

Take this as a warning, further posting on such details may you banned and the content removed

Its also worth noting that the likes of bittorrent are not illegal, only content downloaded on it can be illegal, the same goes for other means of downloading data such as http or ftp, for example its like labeling all ftp traffic as "illegal" just because it can be used to download warez :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cbmkid07

Its fairly simple, call them on 1890564456, option 2 for cust service and option 2 for Ripwave (i think), tell them that you want to return it. They will arrange a courier to collect Mon to Fri between 9am to 5pm only. If your in a 6 month contract then you will have to pay x remaining months by 18.95. Thats it, once courier collects they will stop billing, but good advice to stop DD just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I just moved into a student house there and out Landlord got Ripwave for the house. He wasn't aware that it was so sh¡te though so now I have to go about canceling it.

We have it one week and it hasn't worked from day one. I have to ring to cancel today but I was wondering if there is any cancellation fee or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Please?

Advertisement