Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung WS32Z308P Problem

• 07-12-2005 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Got the above HDTV the other day and i'm a bit disappointed. My main problem is when i watch Sky news or Skysports News and the band is running along the bottom of the screen,it is very noticeable that the band is not straight. It peaks in the middle of the picture to a point.Its kind of hard to explain it but its damn annoying.Check out the attachment and you can get an idea what i'm talking about. Has anyone got this TV and had the same problem??? It cost me 900 euro so i'm a bit p***ed off i'm not getting a good quality picture.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I take it thats a CRT? Have you got your speakers too close to the screen? Magnets and other interference can throw off the electrons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Giblet wrote:
    I take it thats a CRT? Have you got your speakers too close to the screen? Magnets and other interference can throw off the electrons.

yeah its a crt but i have'nt got any speakers close to the tv only the ones built into the tv;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Have you tried playing around with contrast/brightness? That can sometimes have an effect on the pincushion phenomenon you're experiencing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

most CRTs have a magnetic adjustment in the picture or advanced on screen menus to compensate for where you are in the world , this has the effect of levelling the horizon of the picture if the picture seems slanted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

formatman wrote:
    most CRTs have a magnetic adjustment in the picture or advanced on screen menus to compensate for where you are in the world , this has the effect of levelling the horizon of the picture if the picture seems slanted

What kinda setting would i be looking for in the Menus??? There is a tilt setting that can be changed would that be the one i'm looking for??
    I will try and adjust the brightness and contrast also to see if it improves things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement