Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psp

• 07-12-2005 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Iv hear a lot about the psp and am thinking of purchasing it.
    anybody know what the difference is between 1.5 and 2.0 etc
    i havnt a clue

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

1.5 supports something called homebrew which entitles you to such privilidges as downloading games playing ISO's and old snes and other old console games.
    You can downgrade from 2.0 to 1.5 but I wouldn't recommmend it with the amount of trojans knocking around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

2.00 is a more later firmware version than 1.5, most psps come with 2.00 these days, latest right now is 2.6, you can easily updated your frimware from web, usually demo disc provided with the psp also has latest firmware.

firmware 1.5 = allows you to run homebrew[i.e games off he memory card and emulatores for snes etc] anything later than 1.5 DOES NOT.

there is a downgrade available on the net to downgrade 2.00 to 1.5

firmware 2.00 = has a background changer and has web browser [1.5 DOES NOT, although you can download 1 or 2 homemade browsers]

currently new games coming up [eg GTA] do not run on 1.5 firmware.

Franky Boy wrote:
    1.5 supports something called homebrew which entitles you to such privilidges as downloading games playing ISO's and old snes and other old console games.
    You can downgrade from 2.0 to 1.5 but I wouldn't recommmend it with the amount of trojans knocking around.

hardly ne trojans, if you download programs and boot files from people called XPSP0WNERX on a tri[pod and anglefire host then youre asking for a psp brick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

v2 and v2.6 support web browsing to some extent. v2.6 supports RSS feeds also. Its becoming more and more multimedia, only limit is memory availability. Still think I will get one though;games, pictures, UMD movies and PC video files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

There are tools out there that trick your psp into thinking its running 2.0 when actually it is 1.5. If you are going to be purchasing games like everyone does then youll be using 2.0, if your doing stuff illegally youll want 1.5

But you cant get any help here for illegal stuff as you should rightly know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Superman II

I have an american PSP is der a way to play Iish umds and movies on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

version 2.0 can also run homebrew aps and game system emulaters as 1.5 can. i am running a SNES emulator on my system and its great. There is no real difference, buy a 2.0 system and just download he software you need from www.pspupdates.com

BrookieD wrote:
    version 2.0 can also run homebrew aps and game system emulaters as 1.5 can. i am running a SNES emulator on my system and its great. There is no real difference, buy a 2.0 system and just download he software you need from www.pspupdates.com

i thought 2.0 couldnt access kernel properly and so coundlt run umd emulators ?

UMD still have minor issue but these are being worked on and will be working pretty soon. I have Arcade emu and Snes running, also have a portal package called X5 for net access when needed

screen01.jpg

does msn actually work on X5 ? or is it web messenger?

• Advertisement

got to say i have not tried MSN so dont know really

Advertisement