Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best ads?

• 07-12-2005 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

This is probably more suited to the advertising section but thought id ask it here cause its about drink. What's your favourite drink advert?Which is most effective?I think the Guinness ads are always great,especially the one out now for Christmas,its the only ad on tv that actually feels Christmasy!The bulmers ads are always really good too.

Who has the best ads? 24 votes

Guinness
    0% 0 votes
    Bulmers
    62% 15 votes
    Budweiser
    0% 0 votes
    Strongbow
    8% 2 votes
    Carlsberg
    0% 0 votes
    Smirnoff
    16% 4 votes
    WKD
    0% 0 votes
    Baileys
    8% 2 votes
    Bacardi
    4% 1 vote
    Jameson
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

where the hell is the Miller choice

BH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭quon

The Christmassy Guinness one is nice alright.

The narrator on the Bulmers Ads sounds as if he's been on the sauce. Speech is a little too slurry.

The Christmas Bud Ad with the horses having a snowball fight is poorly done, I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Historically, Guinness have always had great ads, so I'm gonna vote for them.

But for me the classic Budweiser christmas ones with the Clydesdales does it for me every year. Mind you , I still wouldn't buy their beer.
    Crap beer, but top ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

I picked guiness but you left out fosters.them ads are cool
    "now you wouldn't wanna get it cold there" Classic!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

quon wrote:

The narrator on the Bulmers Ads sounds as if he's been on the sauce. Speech is a little too slurry.

Is that Jerry Fish? It sounds kinda like him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

babyhack wrote:
    where the hell is the Miller choice

Yeah I really like the new one, the guy going downhill to get beer and downhill coming back, very clever add and fits their slogan "genuinely easy" perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I saw the new Honda ad for the first time last night.. thought it was brilliant.. its the one where the guy is in various cars, boats and finally a hot air balloon whilst Andy Williams is singing 'Impossible Dream' in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Local Goddess

Yeah sorry about leaving some out but you can only have 10 choices in a poll.Its not a drink ad,but I love the ad with all the coloured balls in it,so good!.........I think I watch telly too much............:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

carlsberg ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah I really like the new one, the guy going downhill to get beer and downhill coming back, very clever add and fits their slogan "genuinely easy" perfectly.

Does no one find the music dead annoying? The guy is too lanky too tbh imo.

• Advertisement

Yeah i love that ad aswell and there real balls not cgi which is cool and the music in that ad is brilliant aswell. Back on Topic: I like the guiness xmas ad at te moment.The one where the clock turns to midnight and it starts snowing. really christmassy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭genegenie

Rolo used to have the best ads back in the day! Remember the one with Skippy? And the one with the elephant??? Classic! (Not drink related I know, but I just had to mention it!)

the strongbow ad were they use a strongbow can for voodoo is brill too.Funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

Its between Carlsberg and Guinness for me, Carlsberg are always good for a laugh like the Jason McAteer World Cup Dream one. But I love the guinness ads, like the Leftfield, Phat Planet one. I think it was good things come to those who wait.

Guiness do make pretty good ads like the one with evolution going backwards.thats cool. and who can forget that guy just dancing around the place!!!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah sorry about leaving some out but you can only have 10 choices in a poll.Its not a drink ad,but I love the ad with all the coloured balls in it,so good!.........I think I watch telly too much............:confused:
    Ah, yeah, good advert. For the Sony Bravia LCD.

do you remember the carlsberg ad where the 3 lads go to the night club and the bouncer looks at their runners and goes "Those trainers, really nice".Thats a quality ad!The Guinness ad with the fellas surfing the waves turning into horses-it was an unusual ad,does anyone remember it?-was voted the best ad on one of those channel 4 poll things a while back,I dont think that is one of Guinness' best ads,I think its probably one of their worst.

No that ad is brilliant. I can remember the drum beat in my head.

I dont really get why people think its so brilliant,will you please explain this to me?:confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Guinness, Budweiser would have been my second choice, then Miller or Baileys

• Advertisement
Advertisement