Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John O'shea how crap are you?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

ya brown has been on immense form of late , then gary neville comes back straight in and wes out , dont get me wrong i like gary neville jus think wes should be string over JOS any day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Chubb76 wrote:
    ya brown has been on immense form of late , then gary neville comes back straight in and wes out , dont get me wrong i like gary neville jus think wes should be string over JOS any day

Please tell me if your a Utd fan or not? O'Shea has been one of the best players on the Utd team of late. Brown has hardly played a game. One or two since his last injury and I wouldnt describe his form as immense. Mediocre at best, along with Ferdinand, Silvestre and Flecther. The only people holding the Utd back line together is O'Shea and VDS. Watch the West Ham game. O'Shea spent half the game coming into Centre back to cover Ferdinand and Silvestre and then Brown when he came in. How you can describe your centre back letting there player go so the left back has to come over and come as immense is beyond me.

Also he should have won young player of the year. But the usual crap in UK and they gave to English player...Rooney who had gone f**k all in first season except rack up yellow and red cards and have some fun around Liverpool.

Everyone on here saying about putting Harte in. Haha. Can anyone tell me how his form has been? how many games he has played? what position his team are in? any goals? has he played in Europe? what his teams name is?

Everyone crying about Harte when he played. Now because he is out of team you are all on O'Shea back. Why don't you support the Ireland team? gone is the day in Landsdown when you couldnt hear yourself. Every game I see in the last while you could drop a pin and hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

I don't think O'Shea is a great player but he is also not crap. I do think there are other problems in defence with Silvestre & Ferdinand. The latter who I have always thought, and have said before, is one of the most overrated players. Personally I think Ferguson has them in there for pace but remember the days of Steve Bruce which goes to show if you have a football brain, read the game properly well you can always combat pace.
    O'Shea is slightly better than an average Premiership defender. The advantage he would have over others is his attacking play and and the fact he is comfortable on both feet, but what gets my back up about him when watching him is how he is sometimes too casual on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Speaking of what teams O Shea would make, at the moment he would be imho first choice for Ireland
    Right back,
    Left Back,
    Centre half,
    Centre mid
    And possibly right wing (assuming duff was on the left)

Im not saying this to say he is a great player, more so to illustrate just how badly off we are when a utility player would be our first choice in 5/6 positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

padser wrote:
    Speaking of what teams O Shea would make, at the moment he would be imho first choice for Ireland
    Right back,
    Left Back,
    Centre half,
    Centre mid
    And possibly right wing (assuming duff was on the left)

Im not saying this to say he is a great player, more so to illustrate just how badly off we are when a utility player would be our first choice in 5/6 positions.
    My arse he would. :) Better than Dunne? No chance. Better than Finnan? No chance. Better than A.Reid/S.Reid/McGeady? Nope. Better than Kavanagh? Nope. Left back is the only place he'd be first choice atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

get off his case the irish always have a go of one of there own doing well for themselves he his a good player always has been if i played for a big club and people got on my back for one or two bad performances it would shake my confindance as well lay off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

eirebhoy wrote:
    My arse he would. :) Better than Dunne? No chance. Better than Finnan? No chance. Better than A.Reid/S.Reid/McGeady? Nope. Better than Kavanagh? Nope. Left back is the only place he'd be first choice atm.

Who would you play in Centre back thou? he is better than "the nose". I agree than Dunne is an exceptional defender. Finnan has nailed the right back position.

Midfield I would have A. Reid, S. Reid, Kilbane/Kav/Whelan, Duff. I don't rate Kav but haven't seen how he is doing in Premiership this season so can't make any comments on his form. Whelan has been playing like a man possesed with Shef Wed, and is captain at the moment. Just needs rest of team to lift up to his standard.

McGeady has been doing well in last while and have heard a few people saying Strachan has made him a better player. Building his upper body strenght and making him tackle and work with team better than before, so this looks good but still young.

Advertisement