Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Space Cadets Episode 1

• 07-12-2005 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭

I think this is gonna be good, I've never properly followed a reality TV show, but I do intend on following this.

Discuss..

One question, how will they replicate zero gravity?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Yeah looks good so far. I love the way they picked out the most suggestable/gullible and attention seeking gobsh1tes I love seeing them humiliated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I'm not sure if I love seeing people being humiliated, however I did like how they chose the most suggestive. Quite interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

they went into some detail, like changing the plugs from british to russian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I thought it was just going to be seven days of programming, but it looks like it's gonna be 4 weeks!
    Not sure it can hold my attention for that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Channel?

(edit: got it.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Shrimp wrote:
    I'm not sure if I love seeing people being humiliated, however I did like how they chose the most suggestive. Quite interesting.

I dont like seeing people humiliated I like seeing attention seeking people humiliated big difference

p~b wrote:
    they went into some detail, like changing the plugs from british to russian.

They could hardly leave the bristish, that'd be such a give away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Would have been funny if someone had dropped out when Johnny Vaughan gave them the chance to not take up the offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It'd be better if Johnny Vaughan was dropped.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Lump wrote:
    It'd be better if Johnny Vaughan was dropped.

John
    touche

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

He is a muppet, and he trys to make jokes (Like the "What's in the drawer joke) when he was looking for the files.

Johnny, you're a ****ing Nob.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what about the retard presenting the show on E4 directly after it?

Alex Zane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I only caught a bit of the after thing on E4.

They had the people who were dropped at the last minute as they thought they might have the cop-on to work it out... and they came across as being REALLY thick... so I can only imagine what the final contestants are like if those were the smart ones.

The people do seem to be quite stupid. Comes with been very gullible I assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Channel 4 for those of us that dont have it.

Mmmmm is this a Celeb thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

I dont see it goin all the way-somebody has to catch on eventully.I could be wrong but those actors look unstable especially the fat dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭meldrew

Four of the contestants are actors , are we going to be told which?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

3 are actors, and the audience have known from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I was looking forward to this all right.
    The whole thing looks to be very interesting-especially the way in which they picked the contestants.
    Its amazing how desperate some people are to get on reality TV.
    Just to answer an earlier question-they do not need to simulate zero gravity-they have or are going to tell the contestants that they are only flying to the "edge of space" but still high enough to be technically in space-but without the zero gravity.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

I love the way they keep on calling them "suggestible" instead of thick!
    "It's like Chessington's world of adventure. By 10,000" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I wish Johnny would stop telling us the concept of the program after every ad break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I missed the very start of the first programme and was just wondering if the actors know who the other actors are, or do they just know that there are other actors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The 3 actors know who each other are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Crucifix wrote:
    I wish Johnny would stop telling us the concept of the program after every ad break.

But the concept is the only interesting thing about the show. The only really interesting parts from now on will be when contestants are voted off and they find out the truth.

I get the feeling that most of the real contestants (if they are real and it doesn't turn out to be a big joke on the audience) would describe themselves by saying something like "I'm mad me"

But that said, it does remind me of that terrible programme C4 had on before, cant remember the name of it, but if you know lapdance island you know what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Cactus Col wrote:
    But the concept is the only interesting thing about the show. The only really interesting parts from now on will be when contestants are voted off and they find out the truth.
    For me, the best part will be when they play pranks on them in space.
    Not sure if they'll do this though or how far they'd go.
    Its been mentioned before, but to show a UFO go by as their "flying" would be fun... given all are the suggestible type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Well, Its all over now.
    Thought it was a good experiment and the three guys came out of it looking stupid but reacted well.

Advertisement