Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird psychological test.

• 07-12-2005 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

I once did one where my ma gave me a set of items to draw, like a house and stuff do you know it?
    do you have any links for it and does it work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

That could be one of hundreds of different tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

oh no, how vague, was I vague, I think I might have been

I was told to draw
    • a house
    • cat
    • dog
    • fence
    • tree
    • snake
    • cat
    • dog
    • pond
    • etc

and each represented something the house is you, dog the guy in a relationship, pond is your emotions etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

Sandals wrote:

sandals you crack me up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

Ah thanks man that means a lot,
    Why not check out this thread then

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Fallen Seraph

Uh, I'm not entirely sure, but I think that I saw something similar to that only with describing those objects (or similar ones), not drawing them in a chain email I got ages ago.. And the Dalai Lama was mentioned in connection with it, which leads me to conclude that it's a pile of crap.

But this mightn't be the same thing, it just reminded me of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I did this test. What does it mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

What if you're a terrible artist (like me?). I think all my drawings would look kinda weird.. haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

was it some kind of cognitive perceptual test? it's impossible to tell unless you have more details Sandal.

perceptual test are often used on people with perceptual difficulties like after a CVA( strokes), to test anything from their left right discrimination to their spatial relations perception.
    a simple test used to perception is to get you to draw a picture. people with unilateral neglect (one of the body scheme disorders) often don't draw the other side of the person. also someone with somatognosia (don't recognise their own body parts) would have difficulties, along with those with constructional (can't draw things in 2d or 3d) or ideational/ ideomotor apraxias, or any of the visual agnosias/ tactile agosias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Something like this is described in one of thomas harris' books, i think it was Red Dragon. Subjects were told to draw a house, a man and a woman, and a tree. They said that a male-to-female transexual would always draw the woman first. Don't remember the rest clearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Maybe it was an "art" test.

Or yore ma is a hippy. :v:

Sorry ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement