Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Problems Lucan

• 07-12-2005 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Anybody having problems with NTL in Lucan these days? I have not had a connection in 2 days. My router is getting an IP address of 192.168.100.10 from my modem. I had a powercut yesterday and have not had connection since. I phoned NTL about it but they said it was general problems with the service in Lucan. I've done the usual re-starts and stuff, but no joy.

Anytime I ever have a powercut/unplug my modem I always have hastle getting back on - usually takes hours to reconnect- anyone ever have this problem?

J

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I live in Lucan too and my connection keeps dropping since the weekend. I rang NTL last Saturday cos I had no connection at all and they said there was a fault in the area. But after reading another thread, someone said that NTL are doing an upgrade so maybe the interruption has to do with that???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I used to get the exact same problems in Lucan. Went on for a couple of weeks at a time. It's been fine for about 6 weeks now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

stephen p wrote:
    I live in Lucan too and my connection keeps dropping since the weekend. I rang NTL last Saturday cos I had no connection at all and they said there was a fault in the area. But after reading another thread, someone said that NTL are doing an upgrade so maybe the interruption has to do with that???

ohh yes it does !! they need to add more bandwidth to the routers to deal with the 10mb increase!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

How's it going drapper?

Is that what it is? Are they going to be increasing the bandwidth to 10mb now? The max is 3mb at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

In live in Lucan too and had been having the same problems as you on Friday and Saturday. The power did go off in the house on Saturday for about 30mins and when it came back on I only had the PWR light on and the D/S light kept flashing.

I rang NTL to let them know there was a problem in Lucan and the said they would send out an engineer on Monday but half an hour later it was back up and since then I haven't had any problems! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Yep, mine's up and down like a tart's knickers for the past few days too. I rang them today and after holding for about ten minutes I got through to somebody in sales. I asked for broadband support and they kindly put me through to a fax machine!

Thankfully it's a rare occasion when I need to ring them. Fired off a mail this afternoon, be interesting to see how soon (if) they respond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

stephen p wrote:
    How's it going drapper?

Is that what it is? Are they going to be increasing the bandwidth to 10mb now? The max is 3mb at the moment.

well a few of us got 10mb last Thursday for about 6 hours and then it went ! see the begining of the thread on Insane NTL speeds!

I would guess it will be upgraded the end of December or Jan 06.

BTW my area D15 was poor in the summer but after a few weeks of improvemnt works it was back to normal! see the networks guys sometimes dont tell the techies where they are working on improvements ect, but they are not gonna leave an area high and dry!

did you check you modem power settings are fine? upstream and down stream? :v:

NTL IS IN HIGH DEMAND IN MOST AREAS NOW!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Mossy

No powercuts for me, but I had no connection from about 5:30PM Tuesday until sometime in the wee hours this morning.

Yesterday NTL support said that ppl in my "area" were having problems, that they were working on it and it would be fixed "soon". I asked if that meant hours or days and she said couldn't give a time frame ;)

Therefore "soon" means that it'll get done when it gets done!

Anyway it's back to normal today.

Advertisement