Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Japanese Xbox 360

• 07-12-2005 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭

Well the Japanese launch of the 360 is on the 10th so I got to thinking

It is cheaper over there as far as I know and the are only selling the premium edition

Can probably be got from Lik-Sang and shouldn't cost too much extra even after import duty (I could be wrong here as I haven't got the price for it)

The Japanese Xbox is NTSC which I think my TV will cope with, Spec included

Anyone reckon this will work/is a good idea. I was thinking of hooking it up using a VGA cable for Hi Def if that makes any difference

Am a bit clueless about this sort of thing and clutching at straws at this stage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Well yes if you plan to play japanese 360 games and connect to japanese servers. Don't think it's a good idea tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Fair point about the games

Japan is region 2 for DVD's so I didn't really think about the games

Someone will probably come up with a hack for this at somestage but until then you are right that it probably isn't worth the effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Not all games are locked. It's entirely up to the publisher. For example, Activision's line-up (including Gun and Quake 4) are region-free and will play on any 360. Sega and Namco are also releasing region-free games. I suspect most publishers will eventually come around to the idea.

I'm unsure whether the Live! service is locked to a particular region, are European gamers capable of connecting to the states?

I'm living in Japan right now, so I'll have a look around at prices over the weekend and let you know what I find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I'm unsure whether the Live! service is locked to a particular region, are European gamers capable of connecting to the states?

europe can connect to america, try plying some halo2, you'll get plenty of abuse from little american 9 years olds :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

as far as i know only microsoft game studio's and EA (suprise suprise) have region locked their games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement