Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spirit NYE Rip Off

• 08-12-2005 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

I just noticed that Spirit are charging €42 in for NYE,rip off or what, i won't be here as ill be in DUBAI :D but they have some neck charging that amount of money in,not a chance id go there if i was here:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

whats NYE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Sandals wrote:
    whats NYE

NEW YEARS EVE:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

That is a bloody joke, but so is Spirit,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

It just means less ássholes in real clubs around dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

I'd pay €42 to get out of Spirit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Eddie Brennan

to be honest shudnt spirit be discussed in some other section than dance/electronic! the place plays cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Yeah, Bargain Alerts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Suggestions of where to move?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

jonny68 wrote:
    they have some neck charging that amount of money in

Basic business: If demand outsrips supply, raise the asking price as far as you can get away with. The people who run Spirit are in it to make money. If they know that people will pay €42 in, they charge it. I don't see how this affects anyone who doesn't go to Spirit (i.e. anyone with taste).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 getyourENDAway

to be honest shudnt spirit be discussed in some other section than dance/electronic! the place plays cheese.
    Nothing wrong with a bit of cheese eddie!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

jonny68 wrote:
    I just noticed that Spirit are charging €42 in for NYE,rip off or what, i won't be here as ill be in DUBAI :D but they have some neck charging that amount of money in,not a chance id go there if i was here:mad:

Good value NYE night :

Musiklab @ Forum Waterford

Main Room (House)
    Ian Pooley
    David Duriez
    +residents

Upstairs (indie/alternative)
    Torann (drumming band)
    + residents

Hidden Room (Techno)
    local techno DJ's

All for 20 bucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

KevIRL wrote:
    Good value NYE night :

Musiklab @ Forum Waterford

Main Room (House)
    Ian Pooley
    David Duriez
    +residents

Upstairs (indie/alternative)
    Torann (drumming band)
    + residents

Hidden Room (Techno)
    local techno DJ's

All for 20 bucks

ahh jasus Kev....but what about all us Dubs! ...can I stay in your gaff that night so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

ahh jasus Kev....but what about all us Dubs! ...can I stay in your gaff that night so?

Yup, you can kip in with Pooley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Eddie Brennan

Nothing wrong with a bit of cheese eddie!!!!!!!!!!!
    i like cheese of the cheddar kind, yes nothing against that, just that other drivel, the cheese of the music world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

jonny68 wrote:
    what's the raving like in Dubai this time of year?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 niteclubguy

just become a member of spirit and get in for free,i know ill be happy out at my prebooked table,overlooking the cattle market that will be the main floor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

just become a member of spirit

and all for the Lidl approved value of 2 grand, no chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Membership is 2 grand?

How does one go about acquiring VIP status there anyway? Apparently the heads of all the student unions in the Dublin colleges all have membership and can take a few mates. One of my mates know the junta that took control of the union here this year, all of last summer all he talked about was how come winter we would be loungin up in this mythical VIP section with his union mates, models blowin us off just so as we could get them in whenever some celebrity is in the place. (no, really, this was the gameplan)

In the end, he left college, lost contact with his mates on the union and our grand plan never came to fruition.

Yid hafta laugh, the guy who owns Spirit gave some rather bizarre interview a while back where he said his mission was to spiritually uplift clubbers, and other such acts for the good of clubland for only 20 euro admission and 5-6 quid for pints of poor tasting beer. Tosser.

In all fairness thouygh it is one of Dublins better clubs, when you compare it to Redz, Boomerangs, Barcode, and the cheddar cheese hole that is Tramcos in Rathmines (undoubtedly Dublins worst nightclub).

Not that Spirit is devoid of cheese itself with its holistic centre, dancers and all that. And for somewhere that claims to be Dublins premier club its a rather dank, badly decorated place. The light effects arent anything special. The place isnt superb, but its a cut above an awful lot of other kips here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Hospital

ahh jasus Kev....but what about all us Dubs! ?

Hospital & Clampdown present Twenty Hands, a NYE mini festival

Following on from the success of their Twelve Hands gig a few weeks ago, Hospital & Clampdown will be taking over the Temple Bar Music Centre for some New Years Eve celebrations in a typical Hospital/Clampdown stylee- fun and mayhem guaranteed. With over 70 Irish acts spread over 10 different rooms hosting Electro, House, Techno, Breaks, Hip-hop, Live music and an ‘eclectic’ room there is going to be something for everyone on the night. Also on the night, a Funk & Soul Smoothie Cocktail Room, Tarot Card readings to help with your NYE resolutions and a Comedy Room.

Including performances from-

Al Keegan
    Mark Allton
    Produce
    Calvin James
    Johnny Moy
    Paul Mordaunt
    Simon F
    Bren from Splitloop
    AC/DJ - live
    LMD64 – live
    Cool C
    Satyrix
    Bren Black
    Brian Savage
    Gem
    Skkatter
    Steve Salmon
    Darren Shields
    Stewy
    Adam K
    Dan O’Reilly
    Dave Salacious
    Michael Soro
    Simon of Wax
    Sian
    *Stigma showcase-
    *Dancepig
    *Jay (Stigma)
    *John (Stigma)
    Rob Hawk
    Anto OBrien
    Niall Turner
    Rob Hatchell
    Jacquie Egan
    Mano
    D*Roc
    Helen Connelly
    Andrea

**more acts to be confirmed**

Tickets €20 from Carbon in advance - on sale from Monday
    €25 on the night

Doors open at 8pm - late

More info to follow - to get it straight to your inbox mail- hospitaldublin@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Tha Gopher wrote:
    In all fairness thouygh it is one of Dublins better clubs.......................(undoubtedly Dublins worst nightclub).

I dont see the difference between any of them. They are all the same and are as good as you make them. Its up to you to get value for money from a night club...and i have to say that the VVIP[yes...the VVIP] area of Spirit can be very good if theres some event for 'celebs' on in town that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Hospital wrote:
    Hospital & Clampdown present Twenty Hands, a NYE mini festival

Following on from the success of their Twelve Hands gig a few weeks ago, Hospital & Clampdown will be taking over the Temple Bar Music Centre for some New Years Eve celebrations in a typical Hospital/Clampdown stylee- fun and mayhem guaranteed. With over 70 Irish acts spread over 10 different rooms hosting Electro, House, Techno, Breaks, Hip-hop, Live music and an ‘eclectic’ room there is going to be something for everyone on the night. Also on the night, a Funk & Soul Smoothie Cocktail Room, Tarot Card readings to help with your NYE resolutions and a Comedy Room.

Including performances from-

Al Keegan
    Mark Allton
    Produce
    Calvin James
    Johnny Moy
    Paul Mordaunt
    Simon F
    Bren from Splitloop
    AC/DJ - live
    LMD64 – live
    Cool C
    Satyrix
    Bren Black
    Brian Savage
    Gem
    Skkatter
    Steve Salmon
    Darren Shields
    Stewy
    Adam K
    Dan O’Reilly
    Dave Salacious
    Michael Soro
    Simon of Wax
    Sian
    *Stigma showcase-
    *Dancepig
    *Jay (Stigma)
    *John (Stigma)
    Rob Hawk
    Anto OBrien
    Niall Turner
    Rob Hatchell
    Jacquie Egan
    Mano
    D*Roc
    Helen Connelly
    Andrea

**more acts to be confirmed**

Tickets €20 from Carbon in advance - on sale from Monday
    €25 on the night

Doors open at 8pm - late

More info to follow - to get it straight to your inbox mail- hospitaldublin@hotmail.com

WOW. thats looks sweet!! 10 rooms? I didnt know the TBMC even had ten rooms?

How many Decks does Calvin James use now? 15? the guy is a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Agreed.Sounds like my kinda night.

Better off sticking to clubs that don't advertise on radio.Guarenteed a more interested crowd thus resulting in a better DJ set me reckons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭skkatter

The last time I was at Hospital's TBMC gig there was:

1) The main room
    2) The Bar
    3) The other side room opposite the bar
    4) The smoking place upstairs and outside (is this a room?)
    5) Downstairs past the toilets there were two band practice rooms they had setup as mini-rave room things
    6) (two of them)

There are a few other practice rooms, they'll probably open them up to make 10. Should be a fun night alright. Calvin seems to alternate between three and four decks nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Wouldn't go to Spirit if you gave me life membership for free. Would have loved to have seen Sander Kleinenberg recently (rocked the house in Pacha in Ibiza over the summer :D ) but no way would I go to Spirit, been there once and left after 20 minutes, feared for my life :eek:

Advertisement