Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Draw

• 08-12-2005 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

When is it on?

Wouldnt it be funny if chelsea got Benfic or
    Liverpool got Rangers,

I hopw Barca,Bayern and Juventus avoid each other,
    lets hope no mickey mouse team gets near the final AGAIN.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Sandals wrote:
    lets hope no mickey mouse team gets near the final AGAIN.

Yeah its boring when smaller teams upset the odds. :rolleyes:

Seriously mate, how many threads are you planning on making tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

why do you keep following me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

You have FIVE threads in the top half of the Soccer Forum first page! You're impossible to avoid!

yeah, I think I doubled my post_count tonight,
    they are all gems though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Sandals wrote:
    yeah, I think I doubled my post_count tonight,
    they are all gems though.
    Why's he banned? I'm sure I wasn't meant to come to work at seven a.m. to read through all these pointless posts but I'd reckon he just got a bit carried away. I'm sure I'll get get to the post that got the banning eventually :)

I'd love to see Liverpool get Rangers in the next round. It'd be a massive match as it usually is between Scottish and English teams. Failing that I'm quite happy that there's still quite a few Iberian teams left - Liverpool aren't invincible against them but we're always going to have a good chance with Rafa at the healm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

p.pete wrote:
    Why's he banned? I'm sure I wasn't meant to come to work at seven a.m. to read through all these pointless posts but I'd reckon he just got a bit carried away. I'm sure I'll get get to the post that got the banning eventually :)

I'd love to see Liverpool get Rangers in the next round. It'd be a massive match as it usually is between Scottish and English teams. Failing that I'm quite happy that there's still quite a few Iberian teams left - Liverpool aren't invincible against them but we're always going to have a good chance with Rafa at the healm.
    He made about 100 posts between half 9 and 1 o'clock last night on all types of forums. If his posts on here are anything to go by I'm not suprised he was banned. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I think someone took his password:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=50505826#post50505826

so he had to be banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

I think someone took his password:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=50505826#post50505826

so he had to be banned

why would he do that?

On the draw would love to see rangers and liverpool. Also lyon chelsea would be fairly interesting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

The Draw is on the 16th of December

12:00CET Nyon UEFA Champions League
    First knockout round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hoping for Rangers or Benfica. Hoping to avoid Real Madrid and Bayern.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

As a Liverpool fan, I'd relish a draw with Real. Would be a real cracker I reckon.

I just rewatched the CL final yesterday, and I dread drawing AC Milan. They're capable of tearing us to pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

As a Liverpool fan, I'd relish a draw with Real. Would be a real cracker I reckon.

I just rewatched the CL final yesterday, and I dread drawing AC Milan. They're capable of tearing us to pieces.
    Rossonero speaking here: I re-watched the CL Final recently as well, just to figure out were Milan as good as they looked in the first half. They were. That first half performance was the best I'd seen from the Rossoneri since the glory days of the Capello era (I've just re-watched the 1994 CL final as well. It's footballing gold).

As for the second half, I honestly don't think that Milan were in any way complacent. They nearly scored a fourth goal, remember. IMO, their undoing was the complete change in the Liverpool attitude. They started attacking Milan unmercifully, they had to. Recent seasons have shown that if you constantly attack Milan's defence with fast paced attacks, sooner or later you'll get a reward. See Deportivo 2004 and PSV 2005 for examples of that.

Liverpool attacked Milan and got a goal. After that, Liverpool got courage and confidence while Milan got nervous. The second and third goals were evidence of that. Pity Sheva didn't score in extra time, when Dudek made that save. :mad:

What's the point of this long winded post? Just making a point that while Milan are capable of tearing any team in Europe to pieces when the mood takes them, I don't think that they are the same side as they were in 2002 - 2004. Their defence conceded 6 goals in the last two games of last years CL campaign, and that defence has seemingly gotten weaker. the same problems exist in regard to defending free kicks. They are that little bit older, and they have conceded a few poor goals this season already.

So if Liverpool can play with something approaching the pace they showed in the Final, for patches at least, then they can defeat Milan. If you take the ball to Milan, if you run at them constantly, you can score against them. But........Milan haven't forgotten last May. They (and I :p) want revenge. So perhaps the mistakes of last May will be eradicated for two games against Liverpool. Who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

robz150 wrote:
    The Draw is on the 16th of December

12:00CET Nyon UEFA Champions League
    First knockout round

damn... for some reason I thought the draw was on today... was looking forward to it all morning. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

jimbling wrote:
    damn... for some reason I thought the draw was on today... was looking forward to it all morning. :rolleyes:
    At least you'll have more CL matchs to watch next week when the knockout rounds begin on the 16th. I hate the Friday matchs but should be interesting watching the pool play jet-lagged :p

Chelsea Barcelone, will be amazing.

Advertisement