Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband in the Swords area?

• 08-12-2005 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Anyone know anything about 'Swords' getting NTL Broadband?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Not going to happen. Swords is in the Corus coverage map. NTL won't service it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Deception217

K-TRIC wrote:
    Not going to happen. Swords is in the Corus coverage map. NTL won't service it.

Not going to happen at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Better chance of Eircom turning up at your door un-announced and telling you that they are giving out free broadband and line rental :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well, Chorus are now owned by Liberty Global and they are currently buying NTL:Ireland. Once the purcahse is complete the two companies will be merged and called UPC Ireland.

I'd expect that they will upgrade Swords eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Deception217

bk wrote:
    Well, Chorus are now owned by Liberty Global and they are currently buying NTL:Ireland. Once the purcahse is complete the two companies will be merged and called UPC Ireland.

I'd expect that they will upgrade Swords eventually.

I hope so.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Apparently Chorus used to offer BB in Swords. Nag them for it, if enough people do maybe it wil happen....?

Advertisement