Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kind of lost

• 08-12-2005 3:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I dunno really how to say this but I'll give it ago. Right now in my life I'm kind of lost, well to be honest completely lost. I dunno where anything is going. Over the last 4 years I've had to many dramas for one person but strangely these dramas have kept me motoring. To but it bluntly my life has been a soap opera and now everything has settled. I'm finishing college this year and I don't know what to do. Right now I'm wandering through the weeks and I know I'm just counting time until college ends.

Ya see over the last 4 years my life has fallen apart twice, in dramatic fashion I'm not going to talk about those because I'm past them and they have resolved themselves as best as they will, one completely and the other probably isn't going to change. What I'd like some advise on is has anyone else faced this point in their lives where they are moving on to something completely new and have no idea what to do, because sometimes it can be very hard to break with the past and I wanna progress with my life so badly. I previously didn't have the option to do what I wanted because of family reasons but thats sorted and I'm totally happy with the way that stuff has worked out but now its time for me and I'm pretty much lost.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I know exactly what you mean, a little over two years ago I had to make the decision to completely the run of my life. It just had to happen for reasons i won't mention here.

It was very daunting at the time, i was quite worried that i was making the wrong decision. Happily since then, things have really gone well.

I would suggest you simply have faith in yourself, you sound like you are in a position now to really do what you want to do. Just spend a little time realising that and the decision will come to you very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

Hi there

Have a good think about what you like, what you're good at, what kind of person you are and all that. Do anything which takes your fancy or that you think would be good for you. Enjoy your flexibility. Don't think of it as being lost. That's a very negative way of thing and one of those things which will probably come true if you think of it that way enough.
    Think of it as being poised to take opportunities and shape your life. However it's difficult to take opportunities if you haven't done some thinking about what you would like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Hi all,

I dunno really how to say this but I'll give it ago. Right now in my life I'm kind of lost, well to be honest completely lost. I dunno where anything is going. Over the last 4 years I've had to many dramas for one person but strangely these dramas have kept me motoring. To but it bluntly my life has been a soap opera and now everything has settled. I'm finishing college this year and I don't know what to do. Right now I'm wandering through the weeks and I know I'm just counting time until college ends.

Ya see over the last 4 years my life has fallen apart twice, in dramatic fashion I'm not going to talk about those because I'm past them and they have resolved themselves as best as they will, one completely and the other probably isn't going to change. What I'd like some advise on is has anyone else faced this point in their lives where they are moving on to something completely new and have no idea what to do, because sometimes it can be very hard to break with the past and I wanna progress with my life so badly. I previously didn't have the option to do what I wanted because of family reasons but thats sorted and I'm totally happy with the way that stuff has worked out but now its time for me and I'm pretty much lost.

sure, lots of people feel a this way. its usually a lack of direction in your life.
    when there is always drama it keeps you occupied becuase there is always something else to think about, or something else to overcome.

now you daont have it as much, youre probablywondering what it is you should be doing, or you feel a little empty becuase youre at a loose end.

find something in life you want to do and follow it. make a change to your life. do something pro active as opposed to sitting around wondering what is coming next. otherwise you will just continue to wander from one thing to the next without any sort of aim in life.
    it can be extremely unsettling an disturbing, but once you think about your situation and what it is you want to do, make a start. the moment you start doing something about the situation, you feel a renewed sense of vigor and self worth and the world will become a better place for you.

maybe think about your career, maybe think about hobbies. maybe a change in your wardrobe or even thinking about a change of country or house will help. at the end of the day, its about taking control of your life, and once you feel you are doing that, you wont feel as unsettled as you do now.

Advertisement