Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Happening In BallyMac

• 08-12-2005 8:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

I have seen a few signs up for some retail outlet is it going to be another Rathdowney Maybe ??

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I read in the Argus that the proposed Ballymascanlon Village/retail outlet finally got the go-ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

If you had of been paying attention to my website you would have known this but heres the full story:

"The Ballymac Retail Village", which will cost over $60million, will be in dowdallshill and will have over 80 retail units, a creché, cafes and parking for over 1200 cars and 20 coaches and more. The shops will sell designer goods at factory prices and apparently it will be in the style of a "pilgrim village" and will be the largest factory outlet in the Republic of Ireland.

When the company, ING Real Estate, first applied for permission there were two objectors who, over the next year or so, brought them through the courts twice regarding the same case (a first in irish planning permission history) The developers then threatned the two men with legal action because they thought they were in cahoots with a rival project which is regarded as industrial esponaige.

About a month ago it was all cleared up, both men withdrew their objections and were reported to have received a large payoff from the developers. Work is starting very soon (may have already started) and is expected to be finished by September 2006.

Picture below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

I would personally object to where it is located because of it's proximity to the Cemetary as when I go up there,I like it to be peace and not to see rubbish like that.

I honestly don't think we need anymore at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

well you are too late to object anyway and the reason for the objections was nothing as nice as your sentiments woody, they were simply for business reasons.

Advertisement