Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL modem/router problems

• 08-12-2005 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭

Using NTL for well over a year now - had problems last night. Internet is dead as a dodo.

Also have a Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router conencted to their modem.

I have powered off the modem and also the router but still nothing.When I go into the modem status it looks fine. When I look at the status on the router page it is showing an ip of 0.0.0.0. I have tried renewing the ip but to no avail. Before I contacy support tonight anyone have any similar problems? First thing I am going to try is remove the router from the equation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 colonelx

Hi TheMonster,

I am having the same problem as well, have had NTL for >1yr as well and now theres not a peep :(

However both lights at the right hand side of the modem (sync and ready light) are fully lit !

I rang NTL just there from work, but they said that there are no faults in my area (Baldoyle D13), so I have to ring them when I am right beside the computer so I can "power down the modem correctly" :) whatever thats going to do for me.

As a matter of interest what area of Dublin are you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Rodo

if your modem ready light is on, that indicates that the problem is more than likley on the router side of things.
    If possible try taking the router out of the equation and see have you internet access ??

Hi Rodo,

I have no router anyways , (ie) the network cable goes direct from my modem to the network card on my pc, so its not part of the equation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjay

I had a similar problem yesterday, didnt have connection for 2 days. however I was getting an IP Address of 192.168.100.10. I phoned NTL yesterday morning, and they had me back up in a few mins - actually while I was on hold to talk to one of their techies, it just "started working"!

Hi johnjay,

thats a co-incidence isn't it ? that it "started working" :D whilst onto tech support.
    I assume NTL tech support said that they didn't do anything their side in order to fix your problem ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjay

of course they did nothing! it just started working 48hrs after it stopped, at the exact time I was talking to them!

(I'd say someone phoned somebody else, then realised "oh sh**e! I forgot to plug that router back in!"

Advertisement